Translate

Wednesday, December 20, 2023

December 20, 2023

            It is still dark outside as I sit here at the Ford’s ole computer and attempt to add words to this soon to be uninteresting posting. Yesterday I did go to the bank, no I did not get any funding, I had a question and they answered my question. Then I went to the UPS store and dropped off two cartons (aka returns). I went to the Star coffee store to get a cup. I knew that my card did not have enough funding on it to get a cup, so I had a dime in my hand to pay the difference. I gave the person my ole gold card (they don’t issue the gold cards any more) and told her, “There isn’t enough on it for a cup”. She scanned it into the machine and said I owed her 6 cents. You would have thought she would have been nice since it is almost Christmas and forgot about the 6 cents, but she didn’t, and I paid her.

            What kind of work did the Don do yesterday? The Don was able to vacuum more leaves from another flower bed. I again got a ton of acorns once the leaves were removed, and now our ole red wagon is about half full of dirty acorns. I hope to vacuum some more leaves from one of the Jasmin beds today. Due to the vines, I will not be able to rake or sweep the acorns into piles and remove the acorns. I might take the shop vac out and remove acorns with it. Actually, I have used the shop vac in years past to remove acorns.

            The flower bed that I cleaned out on Tuesday, had more leaves in it yesterday when I was working on the other flower bed. The front yard is now covered again with leaves and should be vacuumed but I can’t do everything at one time.

            Different topic: Gabi gets out of school around noon today, I think Alex gets out at normal time, that means two different trips to school for the Don.

            Food topic: My favorite wife will have lunch with some friends this Thursday, and I was invited to attend, but if I am getting Gabi from school at noon, I will miss out on lunch. Well, I guess ole people can’t win them all!

            I will stop now, you should have a very nice day, please be safe when you are out shopping for my presents.

Leaf vac, shop vac!

Senior ole person who has to get started, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

1 comment:

John Snider said...

Merry Christmas to "The Don" and Mrs. Don!