Translate

Thursday, December 7, 2023

December 7, 2023

            What happened yesterday, well there was a couple things and if you will allow me to enlighten you, here it is.

            My wife went to the store to get some groceries. On the way home she called me and asked if I still wanted to go out to breakfast, if so, she would bring these items home and then we could go to eat, which we did.

            After eating I then took her to the other store to get a couple more items and I sat in the car observing all the people going and coming. I did notice that a lot of the elderly people had a limp in their walk.

There was one ole man who had a cigar in his mouth when he drove up and parked next to me. Now the cigar was not lit but it was hanging out of his mouth. He was able to get his nicotine by basically sucking on the tobacco. I thought, if he knew how he appeared to others with the cigar, he would not do it in public. Nicotine addiction is tough to break.

There was another senior person who had a short-sleeved shirt on and his arms were hairy. The hair on his arms was brown, he had arms that looked like a gorilla, trim the hair.

After an hour in the pickup watching people, my favorite wife arrived back at the vehicle and we went home.

Later in the afternoon, I drove my present wife to the rehab facility. This was her first visit and they are going to try to reduce the pain from a sciatic nerve problem. I sat in the waiting room, while she did her thing. There was an ole lady sitting in the waiting room and she had some big, round glasses, and the glass in the glasses was lite blue. They looked like something from the 1960s and they did draw attention to her, kind of like the cigar did for the senior man. If we only see ourselves as other see us!

During my waiting Dave called, he needed a ride home from work. I left the rehab center and got Dave from work. I was able to get him home and I made it back to the rehab before my first spouse was through with her visit.

I returned My favorite wife to the homestead and then I went to get Alex from school. I did get him home safely.

Back at home my only wife and I sat out side for a while, I was enjoying the rest period and she was on the phone with a friend.

All that done, I went to bed. A little after 9:30 my phone started making a noise and it woke me up. After I could think clearly, I understood that my phone was indicating that someone was at the front door. They pushed the button on the ring door camera which made the noise on my phone, they did not push the real doorbell button, they also knocked but my favorite wife who was watching TV did not hear the knock. By the time that I was able to get out of bed they were gone.

Now the two ladies who knocked on the door live in the house on the corner. The one lady had a big puppy in her arms, it looked like a German Sheppard. I heard them say, they would take the puppy to the shelter this morning. Yes, even though they were gone, I could review the video.

You are correct, I did nothing again yesterday and probably nothing today. We hope you have something to do, we hope you stay safe, we hope you win the lottery.

Nothing to do.

Senior ole person who needs a rest from the key board, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

 

No comments: