Translate

Tuesday, December 19, 2023

December 19, 2023

            Next week this time, Christmas will be over, and we still do not have any presents under the tree. In the past we have purchased presents and had them under the tree, but this year we have nothing. I had noted that we might rely on Santa to bring us some presents, but that he could not get down the chimney to deliver the presents.

            I know some of you were wondering why Santa could not deliver presents to us using our chimney and fireplace. Well in fact he could get down the chimney, but he would not be able to get out of the fireplace without damaging some of our decorations. Please allow me to provide a photo which will document what I have been saying, note; this photo was not taken when all the lights were on so it isn’t as bright as it is during the night. 


            I would hope you can see the items that block the fireplace opening. I will just need to leave a note, I guess on top of the house, asking Santa to use the back door. Wow, what a Christmas this will be!

            Allow me to alter the topic; “What did the Don do yesterday?” Yesterday morning I drove my favorite wife to the rehab center. She went in for rehab and I stayed in the Ford’s ole Chevy where I read from my book about the end time Revelations. Now, I first read a part of Revelations from the Bible, and then later I read from a book I have which attempts to explain about what I have read from the bible. I find Revelations interesting to read and for the believer, you don’t want to be around during the tribulation.

            Anyway, the rehab and reading done, we decided to go to the George restaurant for a late breakfast. Food eaten we returned to the Homestead where I saw large amounts of leaves in the driveway. These leaves were not there when we left and almost seemed as if someone had put them there.

            Well, I acquired the leaf vacuum and began removing the leaves from the driveway. It took a while. I then started on a flower bed. This process is not as easy as it might sound. First, I vacuumed an area of the flower bed which exposed all the acorns laying there. Then I used a small rake and an ole broom to get the acorns in an area where I could pick them up. Before anyone asks why the Don removed the acorns, he did not want to step on them pushing them into the ground, (aka planting them) as he was attempting to remove other leaves.

            The Don cleaned one small flower bed and it took a long time. The Don removed more than a 5-gallon bucket of acorns from this small flower bed, think how many he will get when he starts on the larger beds. Since the Don was getting acorns, caps and dirt, he tossed the acorns in the trash can.

            I hope to clear the leaves out of another flower bed today if it isn’t too cold for an ole senior person to be outside working. The front yard is again being covered with leaves from the oak trees, it will be nice when they have all fell from the trees.

            I guess that is it for now, we hope you have a good day, don’t work too hard, and be safe.

Relying on Santa!

Senior ole person who might get a cup of homemade coffee, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: