Translate

Monday, December 25, 2023

December 25, 2023

                        Merry Christmas to all and to all Merry Christmas.           

            Wow I think I said the same thing twice, so you don’t need to say it back to me as I have sent it to you and to myself.

At about 11:00 am on Sunday, aka Christmas Eve I staggered out to the ole trash can to deposit some unwanted items, and on my way back to the house I glanced at the free rain gage. I was a little surprised to see 2.00 inches of rainwater in the rain gage. Maybe I should not have been surprised as the back yard is standing in water, and it hasn’t done that since the drought started last year. Yes, I will attempt to present a photo of excess water.


 
            This water standing there, did not stand there too long, it is now absorbed.

            My wife suggested that the wet leaves on the walkway should be removed before any of the family got here, that would keep some of the leaves out of the house. I didn’t think the leaf blower would remove the wet leaves, so I used a broom. The broom worked but it was difficult, so I did get the leaf blower and surprise, it worked. After all the strenuous work, I took a break and sat on the front porch for a while with a glass of water.

            Dave, Claire, Gabi and Alex arrived first, then Patrick and Karla. My favorite wife was working too hard trying to get the food ready for us to enjoy. At some point we all started to fill our plates with things we liked. There were some good comments during the feeding frenzy, I do not remember any political comments being made.

            After a while, we all caried our plates back to the kitchen and deposited them in the trash as we were using paper plates. I was allowed to wash the silverware, bowls, pots and pans before we opened any presents. I think Alex was the only one in the group that did not get to open a present. Wow, my favorite grandson did not get to open his present! His present was in the garage, it weighs over 100 pounds and is a weight bench. Now he did have something in his stocking, which was not hung by the chimney with care, so he wasn’t completely left out.

            As for the presents I received, I got too much, but I am not complaining. I received a new shirt that has two Christmas scenes on it, I got gift cards for the Cracker store, and for the Star coffee place, along with some cash. Yep, this ole retired person felt like a real person with all those gifts. The above was yesterday, let us go to today.

            We are now officially into Christmas day; this morning Tres and I went out front as usual and to my surprise there are leaves piled up in front of the door. I guess the wind must have been blowing last night and piled them up there. It is cool outside this morning with a temp of 39 degrees showing on my outdoor thermometer. Our plans for today are to sit around and talk, eat a lot of good food, and sit around and talk.

            We hope you all have a very Merry Christmas, please remember the original meaning of Christmas, and as always stay safe!

Merry Christmas!

            The Fords 

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: