Translate

Saturday, December 23, 2023

December 23, 2023

            As I sit here in front of the Ford’s ole and I do mean old computer, I can see that it is no longer dark outside but it is a little foggy. Now it is supposed to rain today and the temp this morning is 61 degrees, that seems kind of warm for Christmas Eve, Eve. Note: there are two Eves there.                    It is almost here, are you ready?

            Well, let us see what the Don did yesterday. Basically, the Don stayed at home all day Friday as the grand kids were out of school so I did not need to transport anyone anywhere. My favorite wife went to town and left me here all alone. I did get to do my usual reading from the bible, I am still in Revelations, and I did read from the book I have on revelations. I do find reading from the bible interesting and many of the stories, if one takes the time to consider what they have read, the stories can be considered as challenging.

I finished reading just a few minutes before lunch so I considered going to a burger place for a sandwich, but then decided to stay at home, and I had a chicken noodle soup from a can. Wow, what a lunch for a senior ole person.

After that filling lunch, I decided to set on the Fords ole recliner which can’t recline all the way due to a Christmas tree that is located behind it. I did take a somewhat resting nap. After the short nap, and it was short, I went to the shed and worked on making a wooden cover for the new power inverter. I want to fasten the inverter to the work bench, and the cover will allow me to place the heavy battery above the inverter, taking up less room on the bench. I did use the power from the inverter to power the saw which cut the wood and it worked as expected. I now have electric power in the shed for lights, fan and power tools, all due to a solar panel, a battery, and the power inverter.

Not sure what my wife will allow me to do today, I know she has a couple items she wants to make for the upcoming meal on Christmas day. Maybe we will go out for a real lunch like you real people have. That would be nice.

Different subject: I have not commented on one of our very nice neighbors who brought us a tray with homemade cookies, and candy. That was very nice of them, and the candy and cookies were very good. It is good to have so many nice neighbors!

Well, that is it for now, we hope you have a safe day in what ever you do, and we hope you share your blessings with others, that means be nice to ole people.

Christmas Eve, Eve!

Senior ole person who wants, not needs, a cup of homemade coffee, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: