Translate

Sunday, December 17, 2023

December 17, 2023

            Well, we are back to Sunday again. It is rather cool outside this morning, depending on who you listen to it could be 31 to 36 degrees outside.

            Let’s see if anything happened yesterday: Tres did take me for a walk. When walking with Tres he has a tendency to pull on the lead, so I walk faster with Tres than I would if I were walking alone. If I try to walk alone the Tres begins to howl, he is actually crying.

            My favorite wife worked almost all day making sweet things for the holiday period. I was able to talk her into taking a break, so we went into town and got a sandwich for lunch. While in town I was able to stop at the Harbor store and then on the way home we stopped at another store in Hewitt.

            Back at home my wife continued baking the sweets and I went outside to review the yard. I used the blower to move some leaves off the driveway and off the walkways. I felt that they were too wet to attempt to vacuum them, but I will attempt to do that today. I want to vacuum both the flower beds and the yard. this could be next to the last time clearing the front yard this year.

            My favorite wife and I sat outside for a while yesterday afternoon, as the weather was nice, even though there was a little breeze.

            I did order a few items for the grand kids Christmas presents, most of which are here, and one is supposed to get here by this coming Friday. I guess that means more work for the ole Fords, you know, wrapping the Christmas presents, yest that is considered work.

            We are going to celebrate Gabi’s birthday today; she was 17 on this past Wednesday. Yes, it is difficult to believe the grandkids are as old as they are. They have birthdays every year, while I only have birthdays every other year.

            I have a project that I will be working on for a few days. In the past I installed a solar panel on the Ford’s ole shed, I connected it to a 12-volt battery, and I had a device that would convert the 12-volt battery power into 120-volt power. The device was a 400-watt power inverter. I have a couple lights in the shed and the device would power the lights, but not much of anything else.

This new device is a 2000-watt power inverter, when installed properly, will power the lights but it will even power items like a 10-inch circular saw, my table saw and even my chop saw, along with many other items, not all at one time of course. I will put some time in working on this and hopefully I will geter done.

            I guess that is it for now, we hope you are ready for the coming holidays, and that you have all my I mean your presents wrapped and ready to deliver. Have a good day, please stay safe and be nice to everyone.

It’s almost here!

Senior ole person who needs another cup of homemade coffee, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: