Translate

Thursday, December 14, 2023

December 14, 2023

            Good morning to you and those others who read these silly postings. I have a couple comments today, some might be negative and some may not be negative.

            First; I think I might stop looking at the weather prognosticators on TV. This week they have been telling us about the large amount of rain we will get this Friday. Over the last couple days they have been reducing the amount and saying that we might get some rain. They build me up with hope, and then shut me down with the words maybe and might. Bad prognosticators.

            Second: I went to my past employer as two of the people I had hired many years ago, were retiring, one of them named Brad, has worked there 41 years. I enjoyed seeing all the people I know and there were other retirees there, but most of those working there now, I do not know. They had free cake so I could not resist going!

            Third: I was unhappy due to two cartons of items that I had ordered, which were delivered to some other address, but not to us. I called the UPS, they were the ones who made the mistake, and then I call the shipper. Neither could say where the product was. The shipper said they would reship the missing items. There were 6 items shipped in those two cartons that were missing. Working with the fellow at the shipper, he had an accent, he asked questions and said they would reship these items, and he would send a return label just in case we got the original shipment.       Email received after my conversation with him indicated that he was reshipping two items and not all 6.

Later in the day: while I was waiting on Alex to get out of school, I received a call from my favorite wife stating, a fellow who lives at 405 Texas Street brought the two packages that had been left at his house over to us. UPS left our two packages at the 405 address, but the wrong street. It is nice to have good honest people who live in our neighborhood. It made me feel very good that he did not keep the items, and he brought them to us. Good neighbors, Good people.

I have a couple things to do today so I need to get going, I hope to get my hair cut, I need to go into town and pick up a couple items and maybe do some shopping. Have a safe day, try to be productive after your nap, be nice to ole people.

Honest people, nice!

Senior ole person who needs to get going, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: