Translate

Saturday, December 16, 2023

December 16, 2023

            Good morning to most of you, good afternoon to the other two. Well, it isn’t raining right now, and we are supposed to have a day of sunshine with some breezy winds. I did check the rain gage yesterday afternoon and we received ½ inch of precipitation, that is rain for the other two of you, almost readers. We needed the rain, and it did bring down more leaves from the trees. I am sure I will need to vacuum the leaves from the front yard one more time. I want to start removing the leaves from the flower beds, but I will need to wait until the leaves dry up. I might be able to get my favorite grandson Alex to remove the leaves from the back 40.

            I did go to town again yesterday and shopped for a couple items. I was able to get my new pruning shear with the adjustable handles and it has a ratchet cutting jaws, even though I did not receive any funding from any of you, in the reading public. I have two photos.



  
           Short to long handle will make it much easier for my favorite wife I mean for the Don to cut the small limbs. Those professional photos were taken in the Ford’s ole kind of like, office. I did purchase a new 50-foot extension cord too, yep that means more work for the Don. There were other items I wanted but since no one gave me any money I could not get them.

            We still do not have a single present under any of the Christmas trees! It would be so nice if we could be like real people and have at least a few presents under one of the trees.

            My wife is making the Banana nut bread this morning, she will make the Mexican Wedding cookies later, and the Molasses cookies tomorrow. The Peanut Butter Bonbons and the Fudge have already been made, and may I say, they are good!

            Wow, there is a first time for everything. I just happened to look at the monitor for camera #4 and I observed a female subject, one of several who live in the house on the corner, run and get into her vehicle and drive off with in a few seconds. Why is that a first time you asked, and even if you did not ask, I will attempt to enlighten. The female subjects who live there have a tendency to stay in their vehicles after parking, up to 30 minutes, and they also have a tendency to sit there in their vehicles for several minutes before leaving. I don’t know why, but it happens, so when one runs out, jumps in, and drives off in a few seconds that is unusual.

            I know, I should not know what goes on in the neighborhood, but when you are old and just sit around all day you have a tendency to observe. I still remember the day that I saw a dark colored vehicle parked about a half of a block up the street. It was not a vehicle that belonged in the neighborhood and there was someone in it. I stood there in the front yard looking at the vehicle, wondering what was going on.

            Then the vehicle started and drove down to where I was standing, the window rolled down and the man showed me a badge, he was a US Marshal. He asked me if I knew the man who lived down the street and I said no, but I wave at him when he drives by. He said they were going to arrest him. After they arrested him, I think he committed Suicide.

            Wow, that was an odd way to end my posting. We hope your day is sunny and bright, please stay safe and be generous to ole people.

Keep your eyes open!

Senior ole person who needs a break, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: