Translate

Saturday, December 9, 2023

December 9, 2023

            Good morning to one and all. May you have a good day of raking ole leaves from your yard. The leaves are falling, and I will need to start mulching them when the wind subsides. Speaking of leaves, I have a photo, but it isn’t as good as I would have wanted it to be. The 3 oak trees in our front yard are all turning red. I noticed that when I was watering the plants out back yesterday. I did not get a photo at that time, and when we were sitting outside yesterday evening, I remembered that I wanted to get a photo. Unfortunately, the son was mostly down, and the red leaves only show up on one tree. 


            OK, I know that one of you has started wondering why there is a chair in the flower bed. Would you believe, the chair is there for me to sit on and meditate daily? I would not believe it either, we at times, have a flowerpot sitting on that chair. 

            Not a lot to put in this posting today, I did move some Christmas items from the garage to the shed. I did that to make room for an exercise devise that my favorite wife has used in the past and wants to start using again. Mission accomplished.

            I also watered the plants in the hot house, and I watered the black berry beds, the vines in the beds are looking good.

            I did get electric to the last couple decorations that my present wife had put out. They actually came on with the other items at about 5:30 yesterday.

            I did get the grandkids home from school safely and Alex is on a two-night boy scout camp out, this weekend.

            My favorite wife and I did sit outside for a while yesterday afternoon, we enjoyed the warm weather and the quiet neighborhood.  

            There are some tree limbs that I would like to trim, but with the Christmas decorations in place, I am afraid that a limb might fall on a decoration and then I would be in trouble. Who knows if I will do anything today, I might want to go to a discount store today and if I do that, then we will need to have a sandwich for lunch, while we are out and about.

            Like I said, I have nothing to write about today, we hope you have a good day, and please stay safe.

Leaves not fun!

Senior ole person who needs a break from the normal schedule, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: