Translate

Saturday, December 30, 2023

December 30, 2023

            We would like to say good morning to one and all, and thanks to that one person (Bob) who noticed that the last posting was sent out earlier than usual. I am able to get them out early if I write them the day before, and then in the morning when I send it out, all I need to do is check the wording and spelling.

            Yes, I have started this posting on Friday afternoon. It is very cool outside and it is windy so I think we will likely stay inside this afternoon.

            Yesterday morning my favorite wife and I went to the Cracker store for breakfast and I enjoyed the meal. Our wait-staff was a female and she appeared to be pregnant. We used a Cracker store card that we got for Christmas, to pay for the meal. It is nice to eat and have someone else pay for the meal, thank you. After the meal we returned home for a while and then my wife headed out to go shopping.

I left the Homestead about 10 minutes after she had left, and I passed her van sitting on the side of the road not even a half a block away from our house. Yep, she was talking to a neighbor lady who was out walking her dog. I proceeded on while she continued her discussion.

I was heading to the Harbor store with my 25% off coupon, but I did stop at the Star coffee store to get a cup. Then I headed on into Waco and made it to the Harbor store. I quickly found the 100-foot extension cord and a male and female wire plug. At the cash register I learned that the 25% coupon would not work on the extension cord, they said if an item was on sale the coupon could not be used. Yes, that did trip my trigger, but I needed the cord so I bought it anyway.

I was not happy all the way home, but I am ok now, as long as I don’t think about it. Returning home, I did recover the two parts to the ole 100-foot cut cord, and I have installed the new 100-foot cord. I tested and it actually works. I also watered the flowers in the so-called hot house, and by the way it was hot as the sun was shining on the house. I hope to work with a small electric heater outside tonight or in the morning as I might put a small heater in the hot house when it gets really cold. I need to determine how to set the heater to come on at about 40 degrees and hopefully maintain a temperature above freezing on those cold nights. I think the warm air from the heater, and the fan moving the air around, might work better than the two heat lamps. 

The TV reminded me of an ole topic: they were talking about someone on TV whose last name was Hog. That reminded me of someone we called Grandma Hog, when I was a little kid, and I do mean little. I do not know whose grandma she was, she stayed at my Dad’s Brother’s house, which was next door to our house on Pine Street, in Smelter Ville, south of Cape Girardeau, Mo. What I remember about Grandma Hog is, she smoked a pipe, and I would sit on her lap while she smoked. I would have a small box of matches in my hand and if her pipe went out, I got to strike the match to light her pipe. I didn’t say it was healthy, I just said it is a memory from the olden days.

My favorite wife made tamale soup for our evening meal (Friday night evening meal, remember I am writing this on Friday) and the tamale soup is very good. Yes, there will be tamales put into the soup.

The only other thing I did yesterday was to change the air filter to the furnace, it is good to have less dust in the air.

That’s it for Friday, let’s see if I add anything on Saturday morning.

 

            It is Saturday morning and I have very little to add to this posting. I have had a trap in the bed room hoping to catch our cat Molly, but it was kind of a small trap, like you would use on a rabbit. I brought the larger version of the trap in hoping she would go into it easier. I put her food in the trap and she went in and ate but the trap did not trap her. I need to reset the part that trips the trap so it works with less pressure.

            Well, I guess that is it for the last Saturday post for this year, we hope you have a good day and as always be safe in all you do.

Cat Trap installer.

Senior ole person who has things to do but don’t want to do them, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: