Translate

Monday, December 11, 2023

December 11, 2023

            Ok, lets get started. yesterday was possibly the shortest post that I have ever made. Today, who knows until I get started, so let’s go.

            Our next-door neighbor’s son was seen in their front yard of the neighbor’s house, raking the leaves? Wow, that seemed unusual as this son is an adult, and no longer lives in the house. I went over and talked with him and found that his parents were not home.

            This son had first picked up a bunch of sticks that were in the yard and had raked the leaves into long rows across the yard, there was a bunch of leaves. I returned to my home and reviewed my yard. I do have leaves in the yard, and we will get a bunch more. Now some people like to wait until all the leaves have fallen and do nothing all winter, hoping that the wind will blow them away, while others remove the leaves only after they all have fallen.

Then there are others like me, who like to remove the leaves about ones a week until they are all gone. Photo of few of the many things to fall down.


            
Now in truth I will probably remove leaves from the front yard 4 to 5 times. I find it easier to remove smaller amounts of leaves over several occasions as compared to all at ones. My lawn mower picks up the leaves and it works better with smaller amounts.

I do have an electric leaf blower/vacuum, and I went to the shed to get it yesterday. This unit has a bag that catches the leaves when one is vacuuming, and when I picked it up it fell apart. The bag had been in the shed all summer, and had not been touched since last fall.

Returning to the house with the electric blower/vacuum I noticed that the neighbor’s son was picking the leaves up by hand, and putting them in a trash bag. I went over and suggested that I loan him a couple leaf picker uppers, which you hold in your hands and are able to pick up large amounts of leaves at a time. I also offered him the use of my trash can to hole the trash bag open while he filled it with leaves. He accepted both. If I had not loaned him these items it would have taken him twice as long.

Now back to me, I went to the ole computer and ordered a new bag for my leaf vacuum, it will be here by Thursday. Before you ask, I use the leaf blower/vacuum in the flower beds and other tight areas, to get the leaves out.

I then went to the front yard and with rake in hand I moved some of the leaves away from Christmas decorations and anything that I did not want to get the mower close to. The yard was now ready to be vacuumed with the ole walk behind mower, but I needed my trash can that I had loaned to the neighbor’s son, back.

He finally finished and I had the trash can with my trash bag in it and I then vacuumed the front yard. as I was working my ole body to death, my favorite wife was sitting outside on the swing enjoying the afternoon. I completed my work and was able to put the tools away then join my present spouse on the swing.

Only real plans for today are, take my first wife to the rehab, get the kids from school. School will be out for two weeks starting next week; it must be close to Christmas. We have bible study tonight and there is pizza before the meeting starts. I think we have a couple weeks off too.

Well, I guess that is it for now, we hope your day is filled with everything you like, and that we all stay safe.

Leaf it up to me!

Senior ole person who don’t want to go outside this morning, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: