Translate

Sunday, December 24, 2023

December 24, 2023

            Today is Christmas Eve, and that is all I have to say in this posting. Wow, this feels good, I don’t need to sit here in front of this ole computer and try to find words that would make me feel like a real person. Wow, can ole people feel like real people?

            Since I am not going to add to this blog today, I will consider this day as a day of rest for me. Now I could say the day of rest started yesterday when my favorite wife and I sat outside on the Ford’s ole swing enjoying the nice weather and quiet afternoon. Prior to being outside resting we had gone to town as my wife wanted to get a couple items from the store, and I suggested we could have lunch while we were out.

            We left the homestead and headed for the store before looking for something to eat. I dropped my wife off at the store door, the parking lot was full of last-minute grocery shoppers. I drove around the lot a little assuming that my first wife would get the couple items and be outside quickly. I then found a parking spot and waited, and waited, and waited! It was close to 45 minutes before she exited the store and called me to come and get her. I picked her up at the front door and we headed into town hoping to find something for lunch. We went to the deli and ordered some food. The lobster chowder was good, but the sandwich which we shared, (hafcies) was only fair.

            Food ingested, the dessert was ice cream which is free with the meal, and you have to fix it yourself, we started for home. On the way it was decided that since we were out and about anyway, why not stop at the cheep store (its name starts with an O) and see if there is anything we might need or want. I did get a short extension cord, and we left.

            Arriving back at home my favorite wife fixed a couple items for today, which we will enjoy when the kids and grandkids arrive. For Bob, a reader of this posting, we will have tamales along with several other items this afternoon before we open the Christmas presents. Wish you were here!

            I took a nap and when I awoke, the Tres wanted to take me for a walk. The walk was nice.

I did attempt to remove some of the fallen brown leaves from the two white Christmas trees we have in the front yard. Then I took a seat out on the ole swing and started my relaxing time. While I was relaxing, I was also observing the sparrows flying all around me and in and out of the bird houses. It is almost as if they were preparing their nests for the coming spring. I was surprised when I observed a bird that was half the size of the sparrows. It was a very small bird and I have no idea what kind of little bird it was. It was as small as a humming bird but it wasn’t a humming bird.

One other thought about birds; the other day when I was vacuuming leaves from the front yard with the mower, I found a dead baby bird that appeared to have fallen from a nest. Why would birds have babies this time of the year?

Wow, I am glad I have nothing to write about and I am able to just take it easy all day today on Christmas Eve. We hope you have a restful day; we hope everyone stays safe, and we hope Santa comes to everyone’s homes with lots of gifts.

Eve of Christmas!

Senior ole person who is happy to take it easy, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: