Translate

Sunday, December 31, 2023

December 31, 2023

            Well, this is the last one, there will be no more after this one. I think this happens every year at this time on the 31st. Now that I am thinking about it, my sister Wilda, who is no longer with us here on earth, was born on January 31. Wow, born on the last day of the year.

            I am creating this blog posting on Sunday the 31st, and I have no real plans for the day because my favorite wife has not yet informed me of things I might be allowed to do.

            I did put the small electric heater into the so-call greenhouse yesterday. I also put a light bulb in with it so we could tell if the power was on or not at the so-called greenhouse. If the light is on the power is on, but the bulb is way too bright. It is an LED bulb, and it was almost like having a spotlight shining at the back of the homestead. A small bulb will need to be installed.

            I also got the leaf blower out and blew some leaves in the back 40 yesterday. Now I started this just to have something to do. I thought I would attempt to push some of the leaves together in piles, and then, if I happened to be in a mood later, I could vacuum them. I have a couple photos but the first one is not too good.


            By the way, the red wire laying on the ground is the new 100-foot wire which powers the so-called greenhouse. We can see a pile of leaves along with the green house and the Fords ole shed.

            Now while I was moving some leaves around in the yard, I found it interesting that there would be a lite breeze coming from one direction so I would try to blow the leaves in the direction that the breeze was blowing. Then it would stop and a couple minutes later it would come from a different direction. Actually, the breeze was helpful, as I was not working only in one direction. I did pile some leaves up against the so-called greenhouse.


            My thought was that the leaves might provide a way to reduce the cold air from getting into the bottom of the structure. The ball is Tres’, he likes to catch it, and then he likes to play keep away.

            Speaking of Tres, he and I went out into the front yard as usual this morning, even though we do not get a newspaper anymore. This morning it was very quiet, the sun was not yet coming up, the sky almost completely dark and yes, I had a flashlight in my hand. As I stood there in the quiet, I heard one bird sound off from what seemed to be behind our property, the odd thing was, there was an echo of the bird’s call. I have never heard just one bird call out like that and then hear an echo off the neighbors’ homes.

            Change the topic: yesterday as my favorite wife and I were driving home from lunch I observed a person on a very nice motorcycle, and a thought came to me. I have been told that a new Gold Wing motorcycle now costs around $32,000.00. Now while thinking about that price, I then considered what it cost for our first house which we had built in Missouri. We owned the property, so that was not in the cost, the house had a full basement, it was brick, it was a small house with three bedrooms, one bath and an attached one car garage. This house was out of the city limits, and it cost us $28,000 and change. I am not sure of the exact cost, but I know it was $28,000 plus a few hundred.

            Wow, prices do change. I guess that is it for now, we hope you have a good day, do not drink and drive tonight as we want you to be safe.

Happy new year!

Senior ole person who will probably be asleep when the new year arrives, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: