Translate

Thursday, June 1, 2023

June 1, 2023

            Yesterday was another nothing for the Don to do day. As my favorite wife and I were sitting outside yesterday afternoon, a friend pulled up in front of the Homestead, so my first wife got up and went out to the vehicle to talk. I even went out and talked with her for a couple minutes, then I returned to my cold drink and chair.

            After several minutes of loneliness, you know, no one to encourage me, yes, my favorite wife was still talking, I decided to water the flowers in pots out back.

First; I ran the above ground sprinklers, which are along the back of the house. These are the sprinklers that I installed, they are not berried in the ground, but they do work.

Second; I used the hose to water all the flowers in pots. As I have stated in the past, flowers in pots drain water out quicker than flowers in the ground. I did not water the plants out front, so I will be forced, I mean allowed, to do that today.

Third; being a lonely ole senior person, working all by myself, I decided to attempt to harvest the berries alone. When you have no help in picking the black berries, you obviously get twice as many ouches. I have thought about coming up with a different word for ouch, but when you get stuck you don’t have time to think, the word ouch just comes out. 

            Forth; I did get Alex and Gabi yesterday about noon, Alex came to our house and Gabi is taking a summer class which starts at noon, so she went to school. It was decided yesterday that I would get the two grandkids today, and we would go to the chicken place in Hewitt to get lunch for everyone, including me and my present spouse.

            Fifth: I was again thinking about words, you know, the older we get the more difficult it is to find the proper word, and in my case, I wonder how or why a word got started. The word I was considering is, “fishing”. Now I assume everyone knows what the word fishing means, so I will not explain that it means, “someone or something is attempting to catch fish”.

Now I again assume you know what a fish is, so why did they add, “ing”, a suffix to fish.

A morpheme added at the end of a word to form a derivative, e.g., -ation, -fy, -ing, -itis:

Consider the word rabbit for a moment. Now when a person is hunting a rabbit, they do not say he is rabbiting, do they? What if some one is hunting a squirrel, they are not squirreling, they are hunting! So why is it when you are trying to catch a fish you are fishing?

Well, that is all for now, my ole brain needs a rest. We hope your day is happy and safe.

Skunking.

Senior ole person who needs a break, or maybe needs work, Don the Ford  

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: