Translate

Friday, June 9, 2023

June 9, 2023

            I guess it is Friday again, I am never sure, so that is why I said, “I guess”. Let’s see if I did anything yesterday. I think I had recently noted that I was having problems with the sanding belts on the Ford’s ole belt sander. I have replaced the belt twice and the most recent replacement worked well for about 15 minutes and then started making a noise. I stopped the machine and reviewed the belt; it was starting to come apart where it is glued together. Of course, I stopped using said belt, and decided to see if I could get a new package. The belts I have, came with the machine and are at least 15 years old.

            I went on line and checked with the Harbor store and they indicated that they had the 4 X 36-inch belts in stock. Since I had a couple tasks to accomplish away from the Homestead yesterday, I hopped in to the Ford’s ole Chevy and headed into town, (aka Waco). I did stop at the teller machine and got the weekly stipend. As I drove by the Booze store, I noticed that it was not open and it was almost 11:00am. Now I had planned to stop at the booze place on the way back from the Harbor store, but if it isn’t open…

            I made it to the Harbor store and reviewed the sanding belts. They did not have my size! Heartbroken I left the store and started back to the homestead all the while thinking no sanding belts and probably no bottle of adult beverage, if the store still isn’t open. I was almost crying as I was driving, will this day be a total loss, I thought. I rounded the corner and headed up the street where the booze store is located, and at a distance of a couple blocks, what do you think I saw, it was a delivery truck pulling in to the parking lot of the adult beverage store. Maybe they are open, I thought with a smile on my ole face.

            As I got closer, I could see, where the lady who runs the store normally parks, there was a pickup truck. She doesn’t drive a pickup truck, what does this mean? I drove around the building to the drive through and I stopped at the window. She wasn’t there, but her husband was there, and he took too long getting my beverage. I did get the beverage and I was able to drive home safely, no I did not open the bottle.

            Back at home I decided to go on line and see if I could find the sanding belts at another local store, I could not. I then went on line and ordered a package of 12 belts which are various grits (2 each of 6 different grits) and they will be delivered today, at least that is want Alexa has said. Oh, the 12 belts that will be delivered free today, cost about one dollar more, than the 5 belts that I thought I was going to get at the harbor store. I got a better deal!

            If all goes well, I may get the table saw out today and see if I can cut some wood but not my hands. If that works and if the belts arrive, I may install one, and then attempt to do some sanding.

            My favorite wife and I did go out for supper last night and it was good. Arriving back at home, we did sit outside for a while enjoying the quiet time together. I know you don’t want to hear about it but, we did harvest more black berries again yesterday.

            I guess I will stop for now, we hope you have a good day, and as always, please be safe.

Senior wood butcher.

Senior ole person who needs a break from this key board, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: