Translate

Monday, June 5, 2023

June 5, 2023

            Hello to everyone, we hope you are having a good day. I have a couple things that I need to do today, maybe I will actually do some of them. One thing that I have needed to do for probably a week now, is to go around to all the security cameras and remove any spider webs. Spider webs do not pose a problem during the day, as the cameras do not see them in normal day light. The problems come after dark when the cameras are using their own light, and that light shows the spider webs, which can make it difficult to see what is going on.

            Change; The little desk fan that I purchased does a very good job. It can be set on the desk while I am working or on the little table next to my ole recliner while I am resting, and it provides just the right amount of air.

            Speaking of air, an ole time thought came to mind this morning, and I do not know why. Now my parents were not good at going places on vacation. Most of a vacation would be driving, and very little stop and see or do things. I have a memory of one time we were in a motel room and there was a window air conditioner. It was my first time to see an air conditioner and I remember sitting in front of it getting all the cool air.

            Another vacation, we were in the Carolinas and there was an Indian man all dressed in an Indian outfit. He was in front of a store and we were in the car, when someone read the sign that you could get a photo with him but you had to pay. We did not stop, and we did not get a photo.

            I do remember one time we went to Rock City in the mountains of the Carolina’s (at least I think that was the name of it) were we actually did get to see things.  

            Subject change; I have some weeds that need to be removed from a front flower bed. The grass will need to be mowed this week, and we will keep harvesting the black berries, but I am lazy and don’t know when I will get started.

            I have a photo which was taken yesterday after we had completed the berry harvest. This photo is of a flower that is in bloom.


            The hand you may be able to see is from my favorite wife, she is holding the leaves out of the way of the bloom.

            I need to be sure to get the garbage out today, I failed to put it out last week and it is a smelly mess.

            That is it for now, we hope your day isn’t smelly, and please be safe.

Yard man Don

Senior ole person who needs to get started, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: