Translate

Tuesday, June 13, 2023

June 13, 2023

            Well, it is the 13th, but it isn’t Friday, so I assume we all should have a good day. If one cared about the Don, one might ask if the Don had any plans for the day. Since no one asked, we can assume that either no one cares, or that no one is reading the Don’s postings.

            In fact, I do have a couple things to do today, I do need to get the grand kids from their house this morning, and I do hope that our yard man Alex will be willing to mow the front yard. The back yard will not need to be mowed until later this week. I did harvest the berry beds yesterday afternoon and I got another bunch of berries. Just looking at the vines I think we may have another week of good harvesting.

            My favorite wife allowed me to first water the flowers in flower pots. Then I was allowed to move several of her flowers that are in pots, to the car port next to the Ford’s ole Chevy, yesterday evening. They were predicting storms with Hail, so it was thought they might survive better there. Luckly, we did not have storms in Hewitt and no hail. I guess I will need to put the flowers back in their normal location until this evening, when we are again supposed to have storms with hail.

            Sitting outside lately has been hot. When the temp is near 100, one needs to have plenty of air flow, so I get the large fan out and blow some air on us. Even with a good breeze and a cold drink, it is still very hot, and they say it is going to get hotter.

            Different thought; I have talked about this before, but this morning caused me to think about it again. I assume that many of you do not get up before the sun comes up, but I do. For those of us who do rise and shine, we know of the many bird sounds that are being presented. I find it interesting all the birds that are making noise before the sun comes up. I don’t know if they are bragging on their new babies, or if they are calling for the sun to rise.

            Speaking of birds, one of our friends and neighbor, occasionally put peanuts that are still in the shell, out for the birds to enjoy. I occasionally find a shell or two in my yard, they are opened and the peanuts missing, so why do the birds remove them from the friend’s yard and drop them elsewhere.

            We have a couple flowers that are blooming, and I will attempt to provide a couple photos.



            Well, I guess I should get busy, so I will stop enlightening the public and say, “we hope you have a good day filled with friends and or family, please be safe”.

Work or nap?

Senior ole person who needs to work, but likes to nap, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: