Translate

Thursday, June 8, 2023

June 8, 2023

            Hello from me to you, my favorite person in the world! Please do not tell anyone I said that to you, as they may get upset that they are not my favorite.

            Please allow me to explain what I did yesterday. Yesterday morning and afternoon I had things to do that I will not expand on until next week. Just know my morning and afternoon required me to be away from the Ford’s homestead and working. 

            Back at home I did have a cup of homemade coffee, I don’t have any money on my Star coffee card, so I don’t go to the star coffee place. I decided to get to work, and I went into the back 40 and dug up two black berries that were growing out in the yard, at least 6 feet from the #1 berry bed. Photo to follow, don’t look at the weeds, just look at the berries.


           When I mowed yesterday, I would have mowed them down if I had not dug them up first. I think that makes me a good person. I did put them in pots and I have a photo of that also.


            We now have 6 berries in pots ready to donate to a good home (the last two will take a couple weeks before they are ready to leave the homestead). Having black berries is not for the lighthearted. One needs to take care of them, and it hurts when you pick the berries.

            After digging up said berries, I then removed the debris from the yard, including the hose, sticks, and Poopa-Loopa, in preparation for the mowing process.

            I acquired the ole walk behind mower and mowed the areas that one cannot reach with the riding mower. There are also areas that will be trimmed with the string trimmer, and using the mower in those areas reduces the amount of trimming I will need to do.

            I then took time for lunch and did not take extra time to rest. I thought I should get at the work and I would rest after the trimming of the front and back yard. I found that the front yard had more that needed to be trimmed than I first thought. I was able to get all the back 40 trimmed including the fence.

            I then went to the riding mower and one of the things I do not like to do, is to check the air in the tires. I always have to add air to at least two of the tires. If I could ever get another mower, I would not get one that had air in the tires, solid rubber only!

            I did change one thing in this mowing process, I lowered the blade one notch and I think the yard looks better this time. Much of the back 40 is just weeds, but there are a couple areas where the grass is very thick and nice.

            After noon’s secret project completed, I returned home, and we sat outside for a few minutes. My favorite wife pointed out that a flower needed to be watered, so I stopped happy hour and began watering the flowers in pots. I watered those out back and then out front. That assignment completed I went out to the berry beds and harvested the berry beds. I have a couple photos for your enjoyment.


            In the above photo one can see three black berries on one vine that are ready to be harvested.


            In the above photo you should see my basket of berries that I was able to harvest yesterday. Yes, that is my Bible in the background, and I am now again reading in Revelations.

            Well, now you know most of my day yesterday, today my plan is a little less hectic. I need to go to the teller machine to get my stipend, I want to get a bottle from the booze place, and I need to go to the Harbor store to get some sanding belts.

We hope your day will be fun, safe and productive.  

Harvester of the crop!

Senior ole person who needs a cup of coffee, Don the Ford.

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: