Translate

Monday, June 19, 2023

June 19, 2023

            It is Monday, do you think the name Monday came from the fact that we may be required to spend our Money on Monday?

            Well, as usual, there is nothing going on at the Ford Homestead. I was allowed to get outside in the 100-degree heat, which felt like 114 degrees due to the humidity yesterday, to put together a hanger for the Ford’s new Bug Zapper. A hanger is a device to hang the bug zapper on so it would be about 5 feet above the ground which would allow the bugs to commit suicide. Yes, it is 1-inch galvanized pipe that was in the scrap pile out back. Wow more scrap projects!

I need to work on the power supply for this device, I have a remote-control device that I can push a button here in the office and it will turn it on and off, I need an easy way to plug it in.


            After what seemed to be an eternity working on the bug zapper hanger, I was allowed to help sit up a whirly gig, (whirly gig, one of those things you stick in the ground and the wind makes it turn) with the sweat dripping off my ole senior body, we were able to get it set up.

            I was then allowed to water all the flowers in pots in the back 40, and they needed it. I will need to water the pots in the front yard today.

Now my ole body had almost run out of sweat, yes it was dripping off my ole body, when my favorite wife asked if we were going to pick the black berries. In truth, I wanted to get inside and cool off, but I went out back with my present spouse and we harvested a big bunch of berries. If all those red berries that I saw yesterday, were to turn black in one day, we would need help harvesting the berries. I think we are around 25 quarts of black berries.    

            Our front yard needs to be mowed again; it was mowed last Monday. A super-hot day today, and the yard needs to be mowed, and our yard man is working at his other grandmother’s house in Dallas.

            I did get a gift card to the Star coffee place for Father’s Day, so I might get a cup this morning before it gets too hot outside. We do need to go to the store and see if we can get some dog food, not for me this time, for Tres!

            Well, I guess that is it for now, please stay out of the heat as much as possible and be nice to at least one person today.

It is not hot, it is hotter!

Senior ole person who needs to get going, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: