Translate

Sunday, June 11, 2023

June 11, 2023

            We are here again, yes, it is Sun Day and the sun is shining very brightly. We did get a little rain last night and a lot of wind. I think the Ford’s ole free rain gage has about 1.75 inch of water in it, for that one person, the water that is in the gage, came from the rain.

            I remember when I was very young, possibly 4 years old, we lived in the country and we got our water from a cistern. The cistern got its water from the rain. The little house had a metal roof, and there were gutters on one side of the house, and the down spout had a valve that would allow one to let the rain water from the roof flow to the ground, or you could turn the valve and the rain water would go into the cistern.

When it rained mom or dad would let the rain water flow on the ground for a while, that was thought to wash the dust and bird poop off the roof, then as the valve was turned and the rain water would go into the cistern. Nope we did not have an in-door toilet.

I had thought yesterday that I might need to water the black berries, but due to the rain I will just attempt to harvest the berries, if I can wade the water in the back 40. We did not harvest yesterday, so there will likely be a big bunch today.

We had a couple good friends come over yesterday around about the time we sit outside. We always enjoy having friends drop by, and keep us company. We talked about many things, and one of the subjects was the book of Revelations from the bible. This one person who had been here the day before, during our discussion of Revelations, had went home and looked up some of the comments that I had made. She seemed surprised that some of the things I had noted were in Revelations, were actually there. I am not smart but I do occasionally get a few things right.

I no longer need to leave the Ford’s ole Homestead every morning and evening to go to Dave’s house to care for the animals, as they have returned from vacation. They have cats, fish, lizards, and pigs, all of which need to be feed and possibly cleaned up after.

Allow me to explain, the pigs are, “Guinea Pigs”. I think I have learned that I would not have a Guinea Pig anywhere around me. Each time I worked with caring for the pigs I began sneezing and snoting, (aka allergies). The one lizard was fun to watch when I put the food bowl in his cage, he would stand at the food bowl and watch for a worm to move and then he would eat the worm. Yep, the lizard got mixed vegetables, 5 worms and 5 crickets daily.

Well, I guess I will stop for now, we hope you have a good day filled with positive thoughts and good memories, please be safe.

Harvester of the berry.

Senior ole person who wants a cup of coffee, even if it is homemade, Don the Ford  

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: