Translate

Tuesday, June 20, 2023

June 20, 2023

            Has the Don been using windows eleven, yes, he has? There are some differences between eleven and ten, but so far, I have been able to do the things I normally do.

             Ok, allow me to comment on yesterday, “It was hot”!

            My favorite wife and I went to town together, yes, it is unusual that she would go to town with me but this time she did. There were a few things we were looking for, dog food, a six-foot-tall shepherds hook, and a power strip. We visited 4 stores in the process, we found the dog food and the power strip but not a shepherd’s hook. We were able to get our ole bodies back home safely.

            I had planned to mow the front yard yesterday, even though our yard man was not available. The air temp would have been less hot in the early morning, notice I said less hot and not cooler as the word cool does not seem to exist these days.

In the morning the sun shines on the front yard and I try not to work in the sun. In the afternoons the front yard is shaded. Well, 100 degrees and the humidity, was said to feel like about 115 degrees, and I was working in it. The mower would not start again, so I had to clean the spark plug to get it to run. I mowed, I trimmed, I cleaned up afterword’s.

All in all, it took about 2 hours in the excessive heat. I did water myself (drink water) and when I finished my clothes were soaked with sweat. I do not think I could have been any more wet, even if someone would have sprayed me with a hose. After a period of cooling off, I was allowed to take a shower.

Later in the afternoon my first wife and I did sit outside for about an hour, with cold drinks in hand, and yes, we had a fan blowing on us. Later, I was convinced to go with my present spouse to harvest the berries.

Now let’s get to my plans for today, I have none!!! This may be a day of rest.

The cable repair person is supposed to be here this morning, the cable box in the front room has problems. We need to get rid of this service and find something that is both reliable and less expensive.

Well, I need to get going, so that is it for now, we hope you have a nice day and please be safe.

Ole Sweaty person!

Senior ole person who needs something for breakfast, Don the Ford 

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: