Translate

Saturday, June 24, 2023

June 24, 2023

            Let’s see what the Don did Friday. Well, he needed to get the weeds from the ditch cut down and was thinking about how he wanted to do it. The Don got up a few minutes later than usual (5:15am) and he decided he would get some ole clothes on and get out back and get to work, after he had a cup of homemade coffee. The temp on Friday was supposed to be about 96 and it will be hotter next week.

            The Don went out back and he decided he would put some water in the dog’s water pan, along with the bird’s bath. That completed, he decided to go ahead and water the flowers in the pots. All the pots watered he decided to see if he could pull the weeds from the #1 berry bed. One side was easy and the other side was more difficult. The side with the leaves as a mulch was much easier than the side without.


 

            In the photos there is a before and after photo. There are some black berries hiding behind the leaves. The bed does look better now.

            I then got the Ford’s ole walk behind mower out and mowed the areas that would be difficult to get to with the riding mower. When I finished that, I then took the ole walk behind mower out to the ditch. I was able to make about 3 passes with the mower, even though the Johnson Grass was at least knee high, and I needed to watch out for the fire ants. I can’t do much to the rest of the ditch since the city workers messed it up with that four-wheel vehicle. I need to get out there with the weed eater, that is the ditch and the back 40, and finish the job.

            I need to have my yard man here to do all this work but he is studying to get ready for the Boy Scout camp next week, he will be learning how to be a certified scuba diver. I never got to do anything like that at Boy Scout Camp. 

            I then got the riding mower out, and after airing up the tires, checking the oil, and adding gas I then mowed the back 40. I knew that I would be done about 10:45 and that should allow me to get Dave from work. Well, when I got done, I check the phone and I had a text message from Dave saying that Claire was getting him from work. I think he got off about 10:30, and that is about 30 minutes earlier than normal. 

            I put everything away and went to the house for a period of rest. After resting and drinking a lot of water, I proceed to get a shower. Once I was all clean, I hopped on the fords ole recliner and kicked back for about 30 minutes.

            Rest completed, and I was almost alive again, I decided to go to town to see if I could get a couple items at the Harbor store. I was able to get two of the three items that I wanted, and I returned home. I have a photo of one item, and it is a bug zapper. Photo to follow.


 
            The bug zapper does work, I was able to zap a few flies and a couple bugs that I did not know what they were.

            Well, we know what the Don did on Friday. By the way, he did not work on his story Friday as he worked on it Thursday and when he went to save the work the SD card failed. I was not happy with that and I did not attempt to work on the story Friday, maybe I will today!

            That’s it for now, have a good day and please stay safe.

Tired ole yard person!

Senior ole retired person who need to get started, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: