Translate

Sunday, June 4, 2023

June 4, 2023

            Today is Sunday, it rained last night, and we got almost ½ inch of rain. My favorite wife and I went to the cracker store this morning for breakfast. We don’t go as often as we use to, we don’t know any of the staff who are there now, in the olden days we knew most of the staff. It isn’t as much fun, or not fun at all, when you don’t know those who are around you. 

            What did I do yesterday. Let’s see, I did go get the Ford’s ole Chevy washed. The boy scouts were having a car wash in Robinson, Hewitt would not allow it because they get water from Waco, and Waco is still on water rationing. They did a good job washing the old truck and I made it back home safe and sound.

            I rested in the Ford’s ole recliner for a while and then I decided to attempt to clean the inside of the Ford’s ole Chevy. Now it was parked under the carport, which kept it out of the sun, but it was still hot. It took several hours for this project to be completed, and it isn’t completely done yet. Even though it is clean, I need to put something on the plastic parts of the doors and dash, as they need to be shiny.

            All that work done, I came in to the house too cool down, and wipe the sweat off my ole body. I procured a cold drink and watch the Three Stooges for a while before my first wife and I went outside to enjoy the quiet afternoon. It was quiet, and it was hot too. I then turned a fan on and allowed it to blow in our direction. We did not have any friends come over, so after a while of quiet time, we decided to go and pick some black berries.

            There were several ouches and some nice berries were picked. I am not sure, but I think we are in the area of 14 quarts this year, and more to come.

            Berry picken done (and I know it should have an “ing” on the end, but I am from Missouri, and I can say and write picken) I then had a light supper and headed off to the bed room where there was almost nothing that I wanted to see on the TV.  

            Well, that is it from the Ford homestead, we hope you have a nice restful day, and that you stay safe in everything you do. 

Picking or picken?

Senior ole person who will need to mow the yards this week, Don the Ford

The yard man Alex is on vacation.

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: