Translate

Saturday, June 17, 2023

June 17, 2023

              I guess we made it back to Sat-all-day again, and that is what I have planned for the day, although, I have already been working this morning, if you call it working. This morning I got up as usual and after a cup of homemade coffee and some so-called morning TV news, I went out into the garage to see if I could finish the scrap wood project. It took a few minutes and as I see it, the project may be complete. I guess I should attempt to get a photo in a little while and add it to this posting.

              Yesterday, I worked in the heat on the scrap wood project, then I went out to the back 40 in an effort to mow. It was so hot that the sweat was literally dripping off my face. The sweat was so bad that I got an ole bandana and tied it around my head, and that kept most of the sweat out of my ole eyes. I also drank a lot of water.

              I went to the ole shed and brought the walk behind lawn mower out. After checking the oil and adding some gas, I started the ole mower and it ran for a short time, then I remembered that I did not have my ear plugs, so I shut the mower off and got some ear plugs. Yes, you guessed it, when I tried to start the mower again, it would not start.

              Now it was 100 degrees and I did not want to work on the mower, heck I did not want to be outside in the heat. Well, I got a glass of ice water, that was for me, and some tools, that was for the mower. I started with the spark plug and after cleaning it, I also replaced it. To my happy surprise the mower started. I decided to get all the walk behind mowing done without turning the mower off. Luckly, some parts of the back 40 are in shade.

              After using the walk behind, I then went to the ole riding mower. Yes, I checked the oil and added gas, I also check the tires and added air. Mowing with the rider isn’t too difficult and I did have a bottle of cold water with me. I did get the back 40 mowed and it looks ok. When I put the mower back in its parking location, I did not cover it with the tarp as it was too hot.

              My ole body was very tired and I was still drinking water when I returned to the cool air-conditioned house. I took it easy for a while allowing my ole body to cool down before I went to get my shower. I asked my favorite wife if she would wash my back, and she just gave me the look, you know the look, “there aint no way look”!  I showered alone.

              Later in the afternoon a friend dropped by in her new car. I noted that it must be nice to be able to afford a new vehicle. After reviewing the vehicle, we went inside to get out of the heat. Then another friend arrived, this friend grew up with Patrick and he talked about the olden days and had lots of stories to tell.

              After that friend left, I began watching the weather, and they started predicting storms with hail in the area. Our friend with the new vehicle left quickly, in order to get her new car under a carport. We did get some very high winds, a little hail and ½ inch of rain.


 

              They are scrap wood crosses. Why did I make them, because I wanted to. Yep, they will be free just like the scrap wood bird houses that I made were. They are scrap wood; they are not perfect.

              I guess that is it for now, we hope you have a good day, and stay safe.

Don the Scrapper!

Senior ole person who has nothing to do, and that is good, Don the Ford

 May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!




No comments: