Translate

Sunday, June 25, 2023

June 25, 2023

            We are back to Sunday and I think it will be a sunny day. My plans for today are to stay inside and take it easy all day.

            Yesterday my first wife went out back and got on her hands and knees. After praying for guidance in her project, she began to pull the weeds from some flower beds. Since she was going to be working, I decided I should also do some work, so I got the string trimmer and trimmed the areas inside the back 40, I did not go into the ditch even though it needs it. I then help clean up the weeds that my present wife had removed, and carried them to the trash can.

            The front yard needed to be mowed and when I checked on it the grass was to wet. Yes, the sprinkler system had ran that morning, so I needed to wait until the grass was a little dryer. I do not like to mow wet grass; it leaves too many clogs of grass making the yard look less than manicured. I retreated to the air-conditioned Fords homestead, where I waited until the sun was mostly off the front yard.

            I had decided to wash the underside of the mower since I had used it in the weeds at the ditch, assuming that there would be weeds and weeds seeds stuck to the underside of the lawn mower. I leaned the mower back to see how much trash was under there and I was surprised how clean it was. There was no grass, weeds or seeds that I could see, it was basically clean!

            The front yard did get mowed and the ole mower started ok, maybe the new spark plug was all it needed. When I finished the mowing exercise, I was allowed to get a shower and for the remainder of the day we rested. 

            We did sit outside for about an hour yesterday afternoon, there was a little breeze but it was still very hot. Later, I was able to watch some of the three stooges shows as I was eating my supper.

            I need to get going as I have obligated myself to watering the flowers in pots this morning, and I will also water the berry beds. Note the berry beds production is reduced, and we are getting close to not attempting to harvest.

            We hope you have a good day, and please stay safe.

Pot waterer, what kind of pot?

Senior ole retired person who never tried Pot, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: