Translate

Saturday, June 10, 2023

June 10, 2023

            Yesterday was a do-nothing day for me. I did receive the sanding belts that I had ordered the day before. I was able to install one of the new belts on the old machine. I decided to try to do some work so I moved the Ford’s ole Chevy out from under the carport so I could work in the shade. I then carried the table saw out to the carport, where I was able to do some removing of small amounts of wood. I was trying to make some crosses out of scrap pieces of wood, so I needed to notch both pieces so they would fit together.

            The sawing work accomplished; I brought the sander with the new belt on it out to the car port where I sanded a couple of the scrap pieces of wood. I should note, I had a fan out there, and it was too hot to do any work, even in the shade. I was sweating like crazy and I had sawdust all over my ole body. Note; the sander with a new belt work as expected.

            At some point I decided to stop and I put the tools away, and then I glued the pieces together and clamped then in place where they were allowed to sit overnight. I may attempt to color a couple of them using a torch to burn the wood, then I will put some varnish on them. The price if they look good is free, kind of like the bird houses I made with scrap wood. I am running out of scrap wood, so I guess that means less work for an ole senior person.

            Topic swap; my favorite wife and I sat outside yesterday afternoon and a friend came over. As usual, we had some lively conversations. At one point I had decided to go inside and leave the two ladies to themselves. Another lady friend arrived and after I went outside to greet the second friend, I returned to the house, where I decided, I would attempt to harvest the berries.

All alone, with the berry basket in hand, I struggle to get my ole body out to the back 40. After what seemed a long time (aka 15 minutes), I finished the harvesting and returned to the homestead.

            I then went outside where the ladies were sitting, and I admonished the two friends and my present wife for sitting there talking, while I was working. Their response was, “we didn’t know you were picking the berries”. 

            Then someone brought up Revelations, you know, the last book in the Bible. To say we had very interesting discussions would be an understatement. We went back and forth as to how each of us viewed various versus. Then we also brought Genesis up as a subject, we went back and forth from the beginning to the end. For me, I think that was the most fun I had all day.

            After the biblical discussions, I proceeded to the Ford’s ole bed room where I popped into the bed and eased off to sleep.

            Well, I need to stop for now, I think my present spouse might take me out to a sandwich shop for lunch. Do you think she will pay, or will I need to pay?

            Have a good day, stay safe and be nice to ole people.

 

GenesisRevelations!

Beginningend!  

Senior ole person who needs a break before and after lunch, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: