Translate

Sunday, June 18, 2023

June 18, 2023

            Today is officially Father’s Day, but we celebrated it yesterday. Now for me and my favorite spouse, our fathers have passed many years ago, but we do have memories of our fathers. A couple memories of my father, he never used bad language, also if he was working on something and it wasn’t going the way he wanted he would not get mad and throw something, he would say, “contrary outfit”, and stop what he was doing, get a cup of coffee, then, when he had calmed down, he would go back to the project. I have spoken about this next comment before, dad told me, “Let the tool do the work”, meaning don’t try to force the tool, just use it, and it will do the work. Dad also told me, never start a fight, never run from a fight.

            We went out to lunch with Patrick, Karla, David and Alex, along with a good friend Bob, and we had a nice time, good food, and lively conversations yesterday, to celebrate Father’s Day. Allow me to tell you that Bob is Karla’s Dad. 

            I have a couple photos that I will present to you and no one else, just you. (You do know that anyone can read these postings, and when I say just to you, I am kidding?)


 

            The first photo was taken this morning as the Tres and I went out to get the newspaper. The first photo is not even close to how wonderful that morning view was! The second photo was taken a couple days ago, this sunflower is growing in our #1 Black Berry bed.

            Well, that is it for today, we hope your day is good, and please be nice to all fathers. Thanks for viewing this posting and please be safe.

Photographer extraordinary!

Senior person who might be able to afford a cup of homemade coffee, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: