Translate

Wednesday, June 28, 2023

June 28, 2023

            Yesterday was another hot day, and I did not do any work outside the house, I doubt that I did any work inside the house.

            Newspaper; since we no longer get the so-called newspaper, Tres doesn’t have much to do when we go out front each morning. He does smell of everything and he usually eats some grass and then back in the house we go.

            Lunch: we did have lunch yesterday with some of the men from the bible study group. We were surprised at how many men came to the lunch. I may have said previously that I expected 4 or 5 to come, but we had 11 men at the lunch.

            Coffee; I did go to the new Star coffee place yesterday and I was able to get a real cup of coffee. there were no vehicles wrapped around the building waiting to get something, there was one vehicle at the window when I arrived. I think they are learning how to do things before they have a grand opening.

            Mower; while I was getting my cup of coffee, I drove by the store that has the mower on sale, but I did not stop and go in. maybe the ole mower will continue to work with the new spark plug.

            Cold water; this morning as I was brushing my teeth, yes, I do brush my teeth, a thought came to mind. When I was getting water from the faucet, I thought of a fellow who lived in Indiana, (his name was Wayne) and he work for the same company that I did. He did not like coming to Waco in the summer time as he would say, he could not get a cool shower. He noted that the water in the Waco area was always warm in the summer time. He was correct, the water coming from the faucet is not cool or cold, it is lukewarm during the summer.

            I have nothing planned for the day other than reviewing my story, reading the bible and staying cool. We hope you will have a nice day; please be productive and safe in all you do.

Cool warm hot!

Senior ole person who might get a cup of homemade coffee, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: