Translate

Thursday, April 20, 2023

April 20, 2023

            Where do I start? Should I start with the police cars arriving, the fact that I mowed the front lawn yesterday, or that there was a small opossum in a flower bed? What a question, well, let us take them in order.

            First, I did mow the front yard yesterday, even though I did not trim the front yard. I wanted to get it done before the possibility of rain and storms arriving today. The front yard looks good, even though I mowed it, Alex was in school. I think I have a photo to show you, the photo is basically of the front yard, and it looks toward the house where the police later arrived.

            Mowed or manicured, you can decide.

            Second, after I had completed the above work, and had put the tools away, I proceeded to get in the Ford’s ole recliner in hopes of a nice, and may I say, well-deserved rest. I had been in the recliner for a short time when I noticed two police vehicles drive in front of our house very slowly. I got up from the ole recliner and went to the front door, where I observed the two police vehicles stop in front of the next-door neighbor’s house.

            The officers dismounted their vehicles, one officer went to the front door and the other was looking at the vehicle in the driveway. The second officer who was looking at the vehicle, then turned and went to the front door too.

Then a fire truck arrived at the scene, where two firemen dismounted the vehicle and walked to the house. I, being very observant, notice that the firemen did not take any first aid equipment with them.

It was a couple minutes before the ambulance arrived at the scene, where two first responders dismounted the ambulance and entered the house, also without any first aid items.

As all this was taking place, I noticed another police vehicle parked just around the corner. This vehicle was completely black, with no identification on it, and the windows were very dark so one could not see who was inside the vehicle.

Then a second fire truck, this one was a ladder truck, came down the street but it stopped at the corner and after a few seconds it left.

Why the police, firemen and first responders were there, we do not know.

Third, my favorite wife and Tres discovered an Opossum (aka Possum) in the flower bed yesternight. Tres had taken my first wife outside so he could water the flowers (aka urinate) when he pointed out that there was a baby possum in the flower bed, where our cat Molly often lays. I told my present spouse. “Where there is a baby possum there will probably be more possums.”

Topic change; photo of the coming berry rush.

It will not be long before we have red and black berries!

Well, that is the news from the Ford homestead, we hope you have a good day, and please say something nice to someone today, we herd that you failed to say something nice yesterday! As always, be safe.

Interesting day?

Senior ole person who might be able to get a cup of real coffee today, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: