Translate

Saturday, April 8, 2023

April 8, 2023

            Good morning, or good day, or good evening, depending on when you read this wonder filled blog posting. Yes, I am assuming that you can read, and we know a couple of you have trouble reading or understanding the words I use in my posts. Wait a minute, maybe it is me who has trouble understanding the words I use. I am glad that I have spell check, as I have never been able to spell like real people do. 

I was watching one of the TV shows yesterday and the subject was evolution from hundreds of thousands of years ago. Now some people believe there was no evolution on this earth and that God created man, while others believe all things evolved. I don’t know where you stand on this subject but I will be more than happy to reveal my thoughts.

I now assume that most people have a one-track mind. By that I mean, you believe the way you do, and no one can change your mind, and that is ok, assuming you don’t want to ever evolve (change your understanding and increase your knowledge). I will present my thought on this subject and then see if I can find something else to write about.

I believe that evolution has occurred over thousands of years, here on earth, and all the other planets that are in the universe. I believe that God watched the evolution here on earth and other planets and at some point, decided to create his own race of humans, “Adam and Eve”, and put them on earth. Now you see that I have a two-track mind.

I have written a story about how our universe was started, which might be fiction, or maybe it is a true story, and it is too long for you to read. If you had read my story, you might understand where my double minded thoughts come from.

Topic swap; my favorite wife Donna and I went to the HEB yesterday. Now if you think about that for a moment you will likely ask, “why”? Yesterday was Good Friday, everyone was out trying to get the things they needed for the Easter Sunday meal. The parking lot is divided into two parts, one part closer to the store and the other part further away. Well, both parts were filled with vehicles.

I had informed my present wife that I would drop her off at the door and then attempt to find a parking space. When she completed her purchasing, she can call me, and I will drive to the door and get her. She went in and I started around the lot looking for a spot, when I saw a vehicle pulling out of a spot, this parking spot was right in front of the door. Was that good luck or am I just blessed that much, maybe both.

Back at home, I thought about the Cuban Cigar I had, which I had smoked in part some time back. I kept it in a container so it would not dry out. I decided to get the Cuban Cigar out and finish smoking it. Now I like to smoke these cigars occasionally, but they are too expensive to have very often, but I do not inhale the smoke. Yes, I went out front where neighbors could see me, but they were all inside taking naps. 

A different subject; our friend who usually drops by on Friday afternoon and sits outside with us, did not show up yesterday. I guess it was too cool to sit outside, heck I wasn’t going to sit outside either.

Well, I think I will get a cup of homemade coffee and see what is on TV, maybe there will be a good black and white movie on. We hope your weekend is good, be nice to ole people, and as usual, stay safe.

Meaning of Easter

Senior ole person who has a two-track mind, when it works, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: