Translate

Tuesday, April 4, 2023

April 4, 2023

            For some reason I had a thought this morning, it may be due to the horrific wound on my hand, cause buy the surgeon a week ago. I remember as she was working on my hand and telling me to keep the bandage on for a week, and to keep it dry, she ask what hobbies I have.

            Now as I see it, a hobby would be something you do occasionally or often, for fun. This morning the thought came to mind about hobbies, and if I had a hobby. What does the Don do for fun? I have considered this question and I don’t think I do anything for fun. Now somethings I do because I enjoy doing them, but I don’t do them for fun. Writing this blog, it isn’t fun, but I like doing it. Taking a nap isn’t fun, but I like doing it, going to the star coffee place isn’t fun, but I do it. I think in the past Ham Radio and motorcycle riding was a hobby, but now days I don’t think the Don has a hobby.

            Topic swap; last night at the bible study meeting, our group had a social. Now this social included food, and lots of conversation prior to the start of the meeting. During the conversation one fellow said it was his birthday, he was 59 years old yesterday. He seemed to be happy about his age, so I commented that on Wednesday I will have been married 54 years. It seems as if I might be the second oldest in our group. 

            Topic swap; My favorite wife went out into the back 40 yesterday and planted another rose. This plant went into one of the holes that Alex had dug during his work day on Saturday.

            Speaking of vegetation, (rose bushes are vegetation) our Jasmin that I had cut way back in order to get rid of old acorns, is making a comeback. Yep, there are little green leaves starting to pop up. One area in the newest Jasmin bed looks great while another part don’t. I guess we can’t have everything.

            We did not get any rain last evening, so the lawn sprinklers ran this morning providing some needed moister. I assume we are still under the same watering restrictions as last year.

            Well, I guess I am on a normal schedule today, so with that in mind I had better get a cup of homemade coffee and kick back and rest. Heck I might even let the Tres take me for a walk today. We hope your day is filled with fun hobbies and please stay safe.

Hobby, fun, enjoy?

Senior ole person who needs to get up and get started, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: