Translate

Sunday, April 16, 2023

April 16, 2023

            Wow, I allowed you to have the day off yesterday and not one of you thanked me! Do you know how hurtful that is to a senior retired person? I would have just sit at home and cried all day, but instead, I found a couple things that would keep me occupied which reduced the feeling of, “being forgotten by you”, my favorite person in the reading public.

            So, what did the Don do yesterday, well let’s see if I can recall any events of the day.

            At 7:00am the Don decided to leave the Ford homestead and proceed to the gas station, and the gas cost $3.37 per gallon. After getting the gas I then proceed to the Star coffee place to get a cup of over priced coffee, the coffee was just verily warm, they can’t even sell me a cup of hot coffee. I then headed for David’s house as he was wanting to have some limbs and debris hauled off.

            We connected the trailer, which was loaded and ready to go, to the Ford’s ole Chevy and hauled the load to the dump site. They unloaded the trailer for us and we headed back to Dave’s house, where we backed the trailer into the drive way. Dave and I then began to load the trailer a second time, this time with limbs. We were able to get the entire stack of limbs on the trailer and secure it down. Then we again headed back to the dump site where they unloaded the limbs and clean most of the debris off the trailer floor.

            Unloaded and cleaned we were heading back to Dave’s house, where we again back the trailer into the drive way and we loaded a second pile of limbs onto the ole trailer. Yes, that is a lot of work for an ole senior person’s body. Again, we drove to the dump where they unloaded the trailer, this time using a backhoe. The backhoe operator was able to get all the limbs off the trailer in one try, which meant the other workers did not need to do anything. Yes, we again drove to Dave’s house, this time I let Dave out and I headed for home.

            Arriving at home I was able to back the trailer into the drive way, where I put the seat cover on the back seat so Tres could get into the truck and not leave too many hairs. When I open the gate to the back 40 Tres runs to the pickup and jumps in the back seat, he likes to ride in the truck. I then backed the trailer into the back 40 and was able to park it in its usual parking space.

            All that done and the ford’s ole Chevy back in the driveway, it was time for a wash job for the Don. After the cleanup the Don and his favorite wife hopped into the Ford’s ole van and drove over to where Alex and the boy scouts were having a car wash. It took a while but the van did get washed and dried.

            Van washed, we went and purchased gas for the van. My first wife wanted to find a couple empty hanging flower pots, to put some of her flowers in. We stopped at two stores and there was none to be found. It was decided that we would try a hamburger place that we had not been to but we had received some good reviews.

            We had our choice of sitting at the bar or sitting outside, we took outside. I should note that it was a lot quieter outside than inside. It took a couple minutes of us looking at the menu and getting our drinks. The young lady took our order and we sat there for 30 minutes waiting on the food. The food was good, not great, the service was too slow.

            Leaving the slow food place, we stopped at a nursery where we looked for the hanging baskets. They had one that my present wife liked, but she did not like the price, so we headed for home. At home I finally get to take a nap.

            When I awoke from my nap I found that my wife was out back replanting a couple flowers. I did carry one of the repotted flowers for her.

            I then went back into the homestead where I reviewed the homework for the bible study class. In truth, this lesson is not getting all my attention, it is kind of like school home work which I never was good at.

            At about 5:00pm I headed outside with a cold drink. A few minutes later my favorite wife came out and as we sat there resting a couple neighbors came walking down the street. Yep, we had friends to sit and talk with, and yes, we offered them drinks.

            It was only a few minutes later when another neighbor arrived at the homestead. We had lively and varied conversations until about 7:00, and that is when the group began to break up. I did not get to see any of the three stooges tv shows.

            That is what happened yesterday and why I allowed you to rest from my posts. We hope you have a good day, get some rest and please stay safe.

Hauler of limbs

Senior ole retired person who had a lot to do yesterday, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: