Translate

Monday, April 10, 2023

April 10, 2023

            We had a good day here at the Ford Homestead yesterday, our family was here and we had lots of lively conversation along with some very good food. My favorite wife worked too long at preparing the food, but we all enjoyed the fruit of her efforts. How did you like that play on words, food and fruit. Ok, I thought the comment was interesting, but not as interesting as the black berry cobbler. I think most of us enjoyed the cobbler and some of the family took some home with them. I had some cobbler last night with ice cream, and it was very good.

            I made an agreement with Alex before they left, and he will come over today and be our yard man. The front yard needs to be mowed and trimmed, and the back 40 also needs mowing and trimming. There is plenty work for our yard person.

            After family members left for their homes, I was allowed to get a few minutes of nap time before our adopted family members arrived. These adopted family refer to us as uncle and aunt, and have done so for many years. We all enjoyed some good food as we sat at the table spreading some lively conversation. At one point the black berries became part of the conversation, so myself and John went out and reviewed the black berry beds. I told him a little about working with the berries, and that you need to learn how to use the word ouch, regularly. 

            After all the adopted family members had gone and things in the house were straightened up, my favorite wife and I went outside and rested for a while. It was later than usual when we went out but the weather was good and the rest and review of the day was needed.

            I guess that is about it for now, I need to get a cup of homemade coffee and kick back for a while before I go get Alex, our yard man, and start the mowing process. Who knows, he may talk me into going to the star coffee place to get us a couple cups, before he starts the work.

            We hope you have a very good day, while you are being nice to all the ole people. Today you should try to be productive and for goodness’ sake, be safe!

Left overs are good

Senior ole person who will have some left overs for lunch, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: