Translate

Friday, April 21, 2023

April 21, 2023

            Well, I think we made it through the stormy weather last night. One neighbor has a tree limb down in her yard, Me and another neighbor who do not have car ports for our trucks, took them to the neighbor across the street and parked them in the shelter at his house. There is enough room to park both trucks side by side and that protects them from the possibility of hail. We have good neighbors!

            I checked the rain gage and it has 1.75 inches of rain in it. Now I do believe the gage could have had more rain in it if the wind had not been blowing so hard. During the storm the rain was being blown sideways, so if it would have been falling down, and not sideways, we might have had more in the gage. 

            The back 40 was standing in water last night, due to the rain, and water that come off the roof. This morning the ground has soaked the water up, no more standing water in the back 40.

            Yesterday: I went out to the DIB center as one of the ladies who I use to work with was leaving, yesterday was her last day. They had cake, but the best part was seeing some ole friends, people I use to work with. It is always good to visit with friends, but in truth, there were more people there that I did not know, than I did know.

            I heard from several people that they seem to have trouble finding new employees. I guess things have changed over the years, in the olden days we did not have trouble finding employees, they found us!

            Today is Friday, and I do not plan to do much of anything. I will get the kids from school and maybe Dave from work. I said maybe, as Dave has worked OT every day this week, and I have not picked him up from work one time, his wife Claire gets him after she gets off work.

            Well, I guess that is it for now, I had gone to the coffee place and to the burrito place before I started putting this article together, so I am not hungry and I do not need a cup! We hope your day is safe and fun, and may at least one person be nice to you!

It has rained!

Senior ole retired person on a fixed income, with no plans for the day, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: