Translate

Saturday, April 29, 2023

April 29, 2023

            Is it time? Wow, how many topics could be discussed starting with the question, “is it time”? My answer would be, it is always time, for something.

            As an example, yesterday afternoon it was time for the school system to make a decision to let the kids out 1.5 hours early. Now I assume, it may have been due to the predicted bad weather. They were saying that heavy rain, hail and a possible tornado could take place starting around 4:00pm, that is the normal time for Alex to get out of school.

            Well, that would not have been a problem if they weren’t having a track meet. The entire parking lot was filled, and there was no place for those of us to park or wait in line for the kids. If they were letting school out early, why didn’t they stop the track meet? That parking lot can park probably 400 vehicles, and every space was taken.

            Where did I park, I parked in front of a drive, you know, where real people are not supposed to park, but us ole people don’t know the difference. Alex found where I was parked, and we attempted to leave the area. To get off the parking lot and get to Hewitt drive, it was bumper to bumper traffic, which took about 15 minutes. I did get the Alex home safely.

            Arriving at home the storms were building all around, so I took the Ford’s ole Chevy over to the neighbors parking shelter, just in case the predicted hail came to our area. Another neighbor also parked his pickup under the shelter.

            We were blessed and the bad weather missed us again. About 7:00pm I decided to get the Ford’s ole Chevy and bring it back to the homestead (aka across the street). When I was walking over to get the truck, I could hear the PA system from over at the school, the track meet was still going on. I guess weather don’t affect sports!    

            Topic change: Is it time, yep, it is time! I have a photo which may not be worth a thousand words, but it could be worth a few words. This photo was taken by yours truly (aka me). I was reviewing the berries the other day and the #3 bed has the first berry to start turning. 

            That is a sign that I will need to begin checking the beds daily. Ouch, ouch, that hurts!

            Today is Saturday, I may attempt to get the Alex to come over and mow the front yard. we did not get much rain yesterday, so mowing would be ok. The back 40 needs to be mowed but I am not yet sure it will be dry enough to mow back there.

            Topic swap: I need a cover for my ole cell phone, and I do mean old cell phone. My favorite wife suggested I go to the $1.25 store, (the price has gone up), saying she had gotten one there in the past. They did not have the one I need. We went to the Wally world, and they did not have the one I needed. I went to the Wally world online, and they had one. It is a piece of clear rubber that protects the phone when ole people drop them, and it cost, including tax title and license a little over $10.00. heck I doubt that the ole phone is worth $10.00.

           I have nothing else planned for the day, well maybe a nap, we hope you have some plans for the day and stay safe when executing your plans.

Plan not, do not!

Senior ole retired planned of the day, nap included, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: