Translate

Monday, April 3, 2023

April 3, 2023

            I often start out with I have nothing to write about and then I begin writing something. Today, I really don’t have anything to write about, as I did nothing yesterday but sit around and take naps. What a stress filled day when an ole senior has nothing to do. I was thinking all day I will have something to do at 6:00pm when the funniest home videos come on, I do watch them even though they aren’t very exciting.

            Well 6:00 came and I turned the TV on and found out that the local channels were all reporting on storms in the area. There were storms to the south west, and to the north west of our location, but no storms here. The weather people stayed on the TV for at least an hour and probably more, I am not sure how long as I changed the channel.

            Thinking about yesterday, as it was Sunday, the thought of my childhood come up, yes I still have thoughts. My parents were very religious and we went to church every time it was open. Back in the olden days, our church had services on Tuesday and Thursday night, Sunday morning and Sunday night. As a kid I had no choice in attending, I was required to go. Occasionally, they would have a revival, you know church every night for a week to get everyone revived in the religion.

            Going to church that often and being a person who learned by hearing and seeing not reading, I did learn a lot about the bible. I was required to attend the church services up to the age of 16, and then I was told I could decide for myself. 

            I do remember one time I was allowed to miss church; I think it was a Sunday night, the Russians had launched sputnik, and they said if you would go out at a certain time just about dark, you could see it go over. I was allowed to stay at my nephew Paul’s house, and we along with his dad and brother went out at the right time to see Sputnik. It looked like a small star going over.

            Well, I have no real plans for today, I will get Dave and Alex from school and work, Gabi isn’t feeling good so she is staying home with her mother today. I might go to the Harbor store as I need an item, and I have already got my real coffee and a breakfast burrito this morning.

            So it seems I came up with something to write about, sorry that I took your time reading about my ole memories, we do hope your day is enjoyable and safe.

            Sputnik sighting

Senior person with few plans for the day, I do have bible study tonight, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: