Translate

Wednesday, April 12, 2023

April 12, 2023

            The following will probably not be interesting to you so you are not required to read this. I believe that most things in my life have occurred with some Divine Guidance. Below I have a couple items of my belief. Again, I say, you are not required to read these.

Highschool, auto mechanic class

In my senior year of high school, I was in an auto mechanic class, Mr. Mac, as all the students called him, (his name was McNealy) was the teacher. I was very much into mechanical work; it came very easy to me. I understood how the many mechanical parts of a car worked. At the end of auto mechanic class, myself and one other student were told that our names were given to the local Chevy dealer, and we can get a job there. Instead of going to work as a mechanic I went to the local newspaper and got a job.

I now believe that I had been guided by Divine Inspiration to go to the newspaper and work, likely due to prayers from my parents. I was in the distribution part of the paper, we made sure the papers got to the paper boys, yep there were paperboys back in those days. I also took samples of the ads that were going to run in the paper, get them approved by the business, then bring them back to the printer.

 

National guard duty

Shortly after getting out of high school, while all the drafting for the military was going on, a friend asked me to go and join the national guard with him. I told him I was not interested in the national guard, but he talked me into going to the meeting with him saying, I did not have to join, he just did not want to go to the meeting alone. I joined the Missouri National Guard and I guess Jerry did also, although I do not remember ever seeing him at a meeting.

Now I did not want to join, a friend talks me into joining, it kept me out of the Vietnam war, tell me that wasn’t due to Divine Guidance.

 

National guard active duty 

Now I worked at the newspaper when I was sent to active duty for 6 months. My boss at the paper told me, “I would not have a job at the paper when I got back from active duty”.

After the active duty was completed, I went to work at G E Supply Co. (GESCO) and I am glad I did. It was a part of General Electric but this was a small warehouse where we sold to electricians and the utilities. I learned a lot about electrical work dealing with electricians. At times an electrician would bring in a small piece of cardboard with some drawing scribbled on it and say, I need these items, I am going to get a cup of coffee I will be back in a little while. Then I would need to understand what he had drawn and have it ready when he came back. I learned a lot working at GESCO.

Working there I learned everything from unloading trucks, checking product in, stocking the product, filling orders, loading trucks, cleaning the building, counter sales, and inventory control. All that experience is a big part of the reason why I got a job at HWI (Hardware Wholesalers Inc). Yes, I again think there was Divine Guidance involved in working at GESCO, which brought me to HWI!

            Topic swap: My favorite wife did pull some weeds from a flower bed and plants some flowers yesterday, then she allowed me to water these flowers. I did review the berry beds and provide some water to the berry beds and various plants in the back 40.

            I guess I should stop for now, we hope your day is peaceful, yet productive and safe.

Divine Guidance nice

Senior ole person who needs to water a few plants out front, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: