Translate

Thursday, April 6, 2023

April 6, 2023

            It was a good day, our 54th year of marriage and a start to 55. We went out for supper and the food was very good, we both felt as if we were stuffed when we finished eating. Our server was very nice, all in all it was a very good meal. Now the rough part to our evening repast was, “the cost of the meal and tip’. Would you believe, the total cost was more than $21.00?

            Would you believe, when we completed the meal, we went to the Ford’s ole Chevy and I drove around behind some of the larger stores and allowed my spouse of 54 years, to go through their trash cans, collecting aluminum cans. She was able to procure two trash bags full, but that will only cover the tip.

Later at home with our bellies still full of food, we did sit outside for a while allowing the food to settle down inside us. All in all a good day but, would you believe my favorite wife later in the evening went out and rummaged through many trash cans finding enough aluminum cans to cover the cost of the meal. She is a good worker!

I did get Dave and Alex from work and school yesterday. School is out on Friday for Easter. I find it interesting that some do not want to acknowledge anything to do with religion, but they will take the day off work, even though it has a religious meaning

I asked Alex if he would be interested in doing some lawn work here at the Homestead on Friday, and he has agreed, that is if we don’t get too much rain later today. Both yards need to be mowed and trimmed, so we hope for plenty of rain today, and dry grass on Friday.

Alex can’t work on Saturday he is having a day with his mom. I think one thing they will be doing is, purchasing some plants for Alex’s Garden. Yes, Alex has tilled up an area in their back yard and wants to plant some tomatoes and other vegetables. I have a couple tomato towers that I can give him, I think they may be called tomato rings, whatever, I will ask if he needs or want them.

Topic swap: yesterday as I was sitting here at the ole computer it was a little stormy and thundering outside. I looked on the floor behind my chair, the cat and dog were both there. Now they may have just wanted to be close to me, or they may not have liked the thunder and rain. Phots taken over my shoulders to follow.




I do need to get my hair cut today, if I can find enough money. I can remember when you could get your hair cut for a dollar, and you did not need to tip the barber, that don’t happen anymore. 

We will have the family here on Sunday for some food and lively conversation. A little while after they leave, we usually get a neighbor or two to drop by and partake in the food.

Well, I guess that is it for today, we hope you have a nice Easter, and take a few minutes to consider the meaning of Easter. Stay safe and be nice.

Working on 55

Senior ole person who needs to get away from this computer, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: