Translate

Friday, April 7, 2023

April 7, 2023

            Today is known as Good Friday, and as I have said, the kids are out of school today. My only two reasons to leave the homestead today will be, to get Dave from work, and to get a breakfast burrito, which I have already purchased, and I have also eaten the burrito. Did I get a free cup of star coffee, yes, I did!

            I do encourage everyone to consider the reason for Good Friday and Easter, and I am not referring to candy eggs. Take some time and read the bible, there are stories in the bible that causes me to think and wonder, it can do the same for you.

            I did check the rain gage this morning, and over the last two days we have received a little over six tenths of an inch (for the one person, and we know who you are, that is a tenth over one half inch). The rain is said to continue on and off today, and we need the rain but the cool weather we could do without.

            The Tres and Molly seem to be getting along very well during these cool and rainy days, neither of them wanting to go outside in the wet weather. I have a photo of the two as they were resting in the hallway behind where I sit here at the ole computer. 


            Well, I guess the mowing of the yards will be put off until Monday, and the grandkids are still out of school, so I should have a yard man to do the work. 

            My present spouse has stated that she will begin to work on items for the Easter Sunday meal, as I understand it, there will be a black berry cobbler and many other foods for family and friends. This favorite wife of mine puts in way more effort for these family meals than she should, but the food is always very good.

            Well, I am out of topics for today, I could go into some ole time memory like “skinny dipping”, but I know that you don’t like my ole memories. If I was to talk about getting naked when we were kids, one story would be as follows. 

            My friend Steve lived out in the country, and across the road that ran in front of his house was Juden creek. On the other side of the creek was a big forest covered hill. After one would climb up that hill and down the other side, we would be in what was known as, “The Bird Sanctuary”. This entire area was all woods, and we never saw any people in there, but there was a pond at the bottom of the hill. Occasionally, some of us boys would visit the sanctuary and go skinny dipping in the pond.

            As an adult I would not recommend swimming in a pond that had no access by road. If one of us kids would have had a problem when swimming in that pond, it would have been a disaster. Kids don’t think about what might happen, when they are focused on having what they consider as fun.

            Anyway, I will not bore you with an ole memory like that. We hope your day is both safe and productive. Have a good weekend and consider the meaning of Easter!

Skinny dipper!

Senior ole person who has participated in swimming without… Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: