Translate

Sunday, April 2, 2023

April 2, 2023

            Well, what did you do yesterday, what, you did nothing! Wow, I thought I was the only one who could get away with doing nothing all day. We got several things completed yesterday.

            I went to pick up Alex, our yard man, and he and I decided to go to the Star coffee place to get a cup before he began the daily work. I had enough stars to get one drink free, I would only be paying for my drink and Alex’s would be free.

            We arrived at the star coffee place and the vehicles were wrapped all around the building, both sides, back and front of the building. We decided we would not wait in line, but it took several minutes before we could get around the vehicles and head for home.

            At the homestead the first thing we had Alex do was to dig up a couple dead rose bushes. We also tossed out several ole dead Bougainvillea plants, then Alex got the ole walk behind mower out of the shed and used it to mow some areas that are difficult to get to with the riding mower. That completed, Alex checked the air pressure in the tires of the riding mower, checked the oil and added gas to the mower. He was ready to start the mowing and I think he enjoyed riding the mower.

            Once he had completed the work, we decided to go get a burger before we took Alex home. We went to the what burger place, (I do not advertise for free so I do not give the full name) and I placed the orders, or I thought I did. We got our drinks and found a table where we waited for several minutes for the food to come. When the food arrived there were no French fries. I explained to the person who brought the food that we were supposed to have fries. She looked at the receipt and said we were not charged for fries. She said we could go order fries if we wanted them. I said no this is ok, even though I had told the person who took our order that we wanted fries.

            Slightly unhappy, we began to eat the sandwiches. Then the same person who said we were not charged for the fries, brought us three orders of fries, without charge. Now I had only ordered two orders of fries, and we got three.

            We dropped Alex off at home and we went to town where my favorite wife purchased some new flowers. On the way home we stopped at the booze shop drive through. The lady who works there cane to the window and she knew what I wanted without asking.

            When we arrived at home my first wife began planting flowers.

            All, or most of the work completed we decided to sit outside and enjoy the warm day. After an hour of resting I was allowed to go to the front yard and water the flowers that had been planted or placed today. Finally, a little after 6:00 I went into the homestead and prepared my supper, which was clam chowder.

            That was yesterday, and we are now into today. I have removed most of the bandaging from my hand as the outside covering was getting dirty and it was irritating my hand. I still have the incision covered, and I can now put a rubber glove on my hand to keep it dry when taking a shower, no more plastic bags.

            I have no plans for today! We hope you have a nice day filled with love and kindness.

Relaxer extraordinaire

Senior person who hopes to relax most of the day, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: