Translate

Thursday, April 27, 2023

April 27, 2023

            Well, let us see what has happened. Yesterday it rained off and on, the first half of the day, you know, one of those Missouri style rains. Then it stopped raining long enough for me to get Dave from work and Alex from school. My favorite wife and I did review the effects of the rain and then did sit outside for a while, photo to follow.

                                     
            As you can see, the CEO is reviewing the front area of the Homestead.

            Now yesternight was a different subject. We had storms predicted with possible hail and even tornadoes. The CEO and I watched the Weather which was taking the place of the normal TV shows, and since they were continually talking about large hail, I took the Ford’s ole Chevy to the neighbor’s homestead, and parked it under the car port. Yes, I had permission!

            We did not get the hail, but some locations got hail as big as softballs. Lots of vehicles were damaged and windows broken out. We do have water standing in the back 40, and we received 1 inch of rain total in the free rain gage yesterday and yesternight. Today, Thursday is predicted to be a nice sunny day and Friday we have storms again.

            Allow me to swap topics; I would like to address a money question if you have the time to sit there and read what I write. I was thinking about money yesterday, and being retired and on a fixed income, we don’t have a lot of money to look at. I do have a jar that I have some pennies saved in, heck there might be as many as 80 or more pennies saved for emergencies.

            Now I have not been thinking about our savings jar, but I was thinking about half dollars. When was the last time you saw a half dollar, have you used one to pay for something recently, or have you received one as change when purchasing something? I haven’t seen a half dollar in quite a while.

            I am wondering if I was to cut a dollar bill in half and then go to the store to buy something, would they accept the half dollar as payment, or does a half dollar have to be a coin. I have the feeling they would not accept the paper half dollar but why not, it is actually half of a dollar.

            Now I have a suggestion, they can make the paper dollar with a line down the middle and either half would show 50 cents. Both halves’ together (50 + 50 = 100) would equal a dollar. If you want to you can cut the dollar bill in half and have two half dollars. Also, it would be cheaper to make paper half dollars than coin half dollars. 

            Why don’t they come to me for answers? As you can see, I could save them money.

            Well, I guess I should stop providing ideas for the world, and go get a cup of homemade coffee. Today is Thursday and we often go out on Thursday for supper, that is if I can get the weekly stipend from the teller machine. We hope you have a good day filled with everything you like, and please be safe.

Paper half dollar!

Senior ole person who needs a break from thinking, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: