Translate

Tuesday, February 28, 2023

February 28, 2023

            Howdy you all! I do not have squat to talk about today, so I will just stop entering data and kick back and have my breakfast sandwich. The sandwich is from the Ford’s ole refrigerator, yes it was frozen, but after about 90 seconds in the microwave it is eatable. It is a biscuit with sausage, egg and cheese. It is good and I have a glass of milk with it.

            Now I noted that I got it from the refrigerator, and that leads me into this comment. We have called for a repairperson to come to the Fords Homestead and see if he can fix one of the ice makers. I will not go into detail as to what the ice maker isn’t doing, let’s say it aint working correctly. It may be cheaper to buy a new ice box than get this one repaired.

            Refrigerator’s put the Ice Man out of business. The Ice Man use to deliver 25-pound blocks of ice to people’s homes, and they would put the ice in the ice box to keep the food cool. The refrigerator, also known as a robot, took the job away from the Ice Man.

Robots will replace us all in the future!

            Yesterday, the Tres wanted to take me for a walk. It was warm and the sun was shining so I gave in, and we headed out. The walk was good, but as we walked Tres kept pointing out that there are several yards that are covered in weeds, and that these yards need to be mowed. I agreed with him and explained, that it was none of our business, it is their yards they can do what they want.

            Bible study: at the bible study meeting last night the meeting was over and I had noticed this fellows ID tag had the name Don on it. Yes, we all have ID tags, since I noticed the name I walked up to him and said, “we may be related, my name is Don”. We shook hands and talked for a few minutes. Don seemed to be a friendly person.

            That in counter brought to mind, when we get together in the small groups to discuss this week’s homework, we all usually go to the same seat and sit down. There are conversations between some of the participants, that is those who know each other and or have been in the Bible study groups before. Last night when I walked in and sit down there is a fellow who sits a couple seats away from where I sit and I said, “you aren’t on the motorcycle tonight”. He replied, “no but I will be on it tomorrow”.

In our small group meeting it seems to me, that those who know each other convers, but we don’t seem to attempt to expand our conversations with those we don’t know. In truth, we only have a few minutes before we start the homework, so time may be a factor.

People don’t have to be friends, but we should be friendly!  

            This morning when the Tres and I went out to get the newspaper, I noticed a long cloud across the sky. I don’t know why but I find it interesting as to how clouds form. Photo to follow.


            There is a long streak down low and then the one up high.

            Different subject: I get the stitches out today!

            Well, I guess that is it for now, sorry that I did not have anything interesting to present to you, we hope you have an interesting day, filled with fun and happiness, be safe!

It is predicted to be 84 degrees today!

Dog wash day?

Senior retired person who hopes to wash the dog today, Don the Ford.

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: