Translate

Saturday, February 11, 2023

February 11, 2023

            It is cold again this morning and I have nothing planned for the day; you would think ole people would at least have something planned to do. Heck, I need gas in the Ford’s ole chevy so I can’t even go for a ride out into the country. Now that I think of it, I haven’t gone for a joy ride out in to the country in a long time, maybe I need to borrow a motorcycle and go for a ride. Wait a minute, it is too cold for an ole senior person to be out on a motorcycle, darn it!

            The sun is shining this morning, so the cold weather might get a little warmer as the day progresses.

            I did get the kids home safe and sound yesterday, as a matter of fact, I got them home a little earlier than usual, Gabi’s boyfriend, who we also take home, needed to get to work, so they did not mess around talking to people after school and came to the Ford’s ole Chevy without delay. 

            I did get Dave from work yesterday, and it seems as if the new order filling and stocking system, isn’t working as well as the old system. They are having a lot of over time, and I know that OT is expensive.

            I guess there is a good part to the cold weather, I stay inside and that gives me more time to do my bible study homework and also read the bible. In truth, I like reading the bible but I don’t like homework.

            Yesterday afternoon the temp was about 52 degrees here at the homestead, so I decided to attempt to sit outside for a while with a beverage. It did not take long for me to decide to go back inside as the wind was blowing and that made it feel even cooler. I enjoy an adult beverage when I am sitting outside, but the same adult beverage inside the house is not real great. Once I was back in the homestead, my favorite wife made us a very good supper, it was hot and filling

            Well, I did make some homemade coffee a few minutes ago, and I have a cup here on the desk. Yes, the cup has coffee in it, and the cup is sitting on the desk. I knew I should explain that comment as that one person was going to ask if the cup had coffee in it. This homemade coffee isn’t bad, but not as enjoyable as a cup of real coffee.

            The bird that has been using the upper corner of the front porch as a place to stay overnight, was there again this morning. I guess he / she has accepted the piece of wood I put there. This morning it was day light outside when the Tres and I went to get the newspaper and the little bird did not fly away, I guess he /she is not afraid of us.

            A neighbor called yesterday to let me know that they would be out of town for a while on a cruise. They go on several cruses every year, I guess they are rich and can afford these trips, heck some ole retired people can’t even afford gas to go for a ride in the country. Anyway, they want us to keep an eye on things while they are gone.

            Well, that is it for today, we hope you have a nice day and we want you to be safe.

Can’t afford what?

Senior ole person who keeps an eye on things when he isn’t napping, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: