Translate

Friday, February 10, 2023

February 10, 2023

            Made it back to Friday again, and it is cold outside, which means ole senior people can’t go outside for any reason. Well, I guess there might be a couple exceptions to staying inside. If the ole senior person could find a bunch of warm clothes to put on, and if the heater in the senior person’s vehicle works, that senior person might be able to venture forth to get a cup of real coffee. Oh, and that senior person might be able to pick up Dave and the grand kids and take them home after work and school. 

            What did the Don do yesterday, no one asked, and no one cares, so I will enlighten the non-interested public. My favorite wife straightened up a bunch if stuff in the garage, I through the items that she did not want into the trash container. Early yesterday I worked on the homework from the Bible study class, and then I worked on the income tax forms. I use a program on the computer which helps me answer the questions. I worked on that longer than anticipated and I got to the end, but I did not finish. I know there is an update coming on the 17th, so I will wait for the update and see if that has any effect on my return.

            My returns are very basic so I doubt that there will be any changes to the return. Many years ago, I decided to be in a place where I would pay or receive no more than $200 each year for income tax. As I see it, I would rather have the money all year long, rather than receive a big check at the end of the year. I know, some people find it better to get a big refund, it could be like a savings account for them. 

            After working on the tax for quite a while, if memory serves, I took a short nap, before heading out to get the grandkids.

            Returning from dropping the kids off at their home my present spouse and I went out for supper. I should say the food was good and the service was very good.

            After the evening repast, we stopped at a friend’s home to present a birthday card. We did not stay too long, as it was getting dark, and I needed to go home, ole people are not allowed to be out after dark. I remembered I had not read the bible yet, and I do that daily, without fail. After the bible reading, I relaxed on the Ford’s ole bed. I had Alexa to play the Symphony Hall channel from the XM radio. The music can be very relaxing.

            I did spray some weed killer on a few weeds yesterday, heck most of the back yard is weeds, but I did not spray the back 40, I can mow the grass and weeds and as long as they are green, things look ok.

            Earth quake victim deaths, are in the thousands, keep them in your prayers.

            I don’t have any real plans for today, just stay with the usual schedule. We hope you have a nice day, stay safe and be nice to old people.

Grass yes, what kind?

Senior person who has never smoked grass, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: