Translate

Friday, February 24, 2023

February 24, 2023

            Not at Home this morning! He or she was not at home this morning when the Tres and I went out to get the newspaper, yes, I was surprised when I looked and the bird was not present, because it was still dark. Now I do not know if this bird was a male or female, and I am wondering if this bird has found a mate, and maybe building a nest somewhere. We wish the bird good luck.

            Topic swap: I went out front to a different flower bed with the thought that I might be able to blow the leaves out of the bed with the leaf blower yesterday. Well, I discovered that I could blow the leaves, and that the wind would blow them in places where I did not want them to go. I stopped my attempt at blowing the leaves and returned to the House.

            Another subject: When I went to pick up Alex from school yesterday afternoon, there was signs where we normally stop and wait on the kids that read, “Do Not Enter”. Well, where was I supposed to wait for the Alex?

            I had not been told that there would be a track meet, and the area where I normally waited would be blocked off. This also meant that I would not be able to take the short cut from one school to the other to get the Gabi. If I have to drive around the streets to get the Gabi, it would likely take an additional 30 minutes, due to Mars drive being blocked off.

            Well, I found a parking space and waited. The parking area filled up with people who were coming to get kids from school, and people who were coming to the track meet.

            School was out and I got out and stood in front of the Ford’s ole Chevy hoping that Alex would see me, as there were other trucks like mine on the parking lot. Alex found me and we began to exit the parking area. We had a choice of left or right turns when leaving the lot, we chose left and we were glad that we did. When we got to the end of the exit, we saw that the gate that was normally closed on the road leading to the high school was open, so we made the turn and got to the high school without driving through all that traffic. Was I lucky or was I blessed?

            Arriving back at our home, after dropping the kids off at their home, my favorite wife and I were going to go out for supper, and if we get there quickly, we would beat the crowd. Wouldn’t you know it, a neighbor with her granddaughter came over as we were walking out of the house. We visited for about 5 minutes and then they continued on with their walk, and we headed to the restaurant named after my dad, whose name was George.

            Supper was very good, the service was quick, and we enjoyed the time together.

            Arriving back at home, Tres was barking at something out back, so I went out back and sat a while to see what he was after. I have a wonderful photo of the Don as he kept an eye on the Tres.


 
            Well, we had a good day yesterday, we hope you have a good day today, stay safe and be happy.

Grandpa, Lucky or blessed.

Senior retired person who will stay in today as it is cold again, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: