Translate

Monday, February 6, 2023

February 6, 2023

            We are now back to Monday, I guess we are back on a normal schedule for the day and part of the week. I must go to have some eye tests this week, and then next week I go in to see the eye doctor. This happens every 6 months, I guess the doctor needs to make money.

            I did sneak out of the house this morning before my lovely wife had gotten out of bed, and I went to the star coffee place and I also stopped and got a breakfast burrito, they were good. By the way, I share the burrito with my present wife, as the burrito are large.

            Yesterday I did put some bird food out and they all said thanks. I also cleaned the bird bath and filled it with water, but a little later when I was at the back fence, I noticed that the ditch had water in it, so the birds had plenty of water.

            Speaking of water, the prognosticator said we should get more rain tomorrow and that might mean we are breaking even on the rain fall. If we keep getting rain, things might grow normally this year, and we may not need to water everything as often.

            Continuing on the thought of water, I did open the green house and water everything inside. I am leaving it open until they tell us we will be getting down to the freezing temps again. The first freezing period did kill and or partly kill the plants in the green house.

            I did pick up all the Poopa-Loopa from the back 40, I use a two-gallon bucket and I put a plastic bag in it. The bucket and bag were full at the end of the Poopa-Loopa recovery process. 

            Completing that process I began to remove  the small sticks that have been blown out of the trees lately. We had three fairly larger limbs that came down during this last ice and wind episode, so I decided to cut them into small pieces about 14 to 18 inches in length, that length allows them to easily be placed into the trash container.

            Being a nice neighbor, I did also cut up a limb that was in the new neighbor’s front yard, all together the Ford’s ole red wagon was full of those pieces of broken limbs. There was still a little room in the trash container after the pieces of limbs were installed.

            Continuing on with the topic of sticks, my neighbor had given me a few sticks that could be converted into walking sticks, as he knew I occasionally would create a walking stick. I had converted one of the sticks that he had given me into a walking stick and I presented it to him yesterday. The stick returned to its original owner.

            The weather was nice yesterday so Tres and I went for a walk, and during the walk there was a couple people who were out riding their bikes, so I decided that I would go for a ride when we returned to the house. Tres does not like it when I leave on the bike and I can hear him wining at the front door when I rode down the street. The battery was not fully charged so the ride was not too long, I did not want to get a long distance away and then have to peddle back home.

            It was such a nice day that my favorite wife and I sat outside for about an hour. We did not need jackets as the sun was shining on us. We did not have any neighbors stop by, and the new neighbor and her two sons came walking down the street, well the boys were running and their mother was walking. She did not look our way, and did not acknowledge that we were sitting there. I hope she was not upset that I cut up and removed the limb from her front yard.

            Swapping the topic, we have a social time before the Bible study class tonight. Our group will be having sandwiches and we get to visit for a while before the class starts. The schedule for the Bible study class is strictly kept, it starts on time and it ends on time.

            When I was carrying out some trash last evening, I noticed a full moon coming up over the neighbor’s house, so I tried to get a photo.


            If I was using a good camera the photo would have been much better.

            Well that is it for now, we hope you have a day of love and kindness, please stay safe.

I was mooned!

Senior person who knows what the term Mooned use to mean, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: