Translate

Tuesday, February 14, 2023

February 14, 2023

            It is valentine’s day, and I received a very nice card from my favorite wife, yes, I gave her one also. She received some nice flowers yesterday and I do have a photo of the flowers and someone holding them.


           
I have always felt like we were meant for each other, it might be that no one else would have put up with me all these years!

Different subject: it is raining this morning, it is a light rain, just enough to make it a messy start to the day. Speaking of wet, I went out yesterday and watered all the berry beds along with the items in the green house.

I did get the battery powered string trimmer out and removed some grass, which are in fact considered as weeds, but they are green. The area around the swing near the driveway had a lot of the grass, and the string trimmer did a good job of making it looked mowed. There are a couple flower beds in the area and I cleaned them out. They look nice now, but since I did not take a before photo, I seen no reason for an after photo.

Completing that work, I went to the back 40 and trimmed around any and everything that needed trimming, basically, everything in the back 40. I did not mow.

            I had a cell phone problem last night, and I will get into that in a minute. Everyone should remember, if you can’t get me or my wife on the cell phone, we have a house phone, try it.

Now back to the phone problem. I did go to the bible study class last night and it was very interesting. There were several of our group who were not there, which I guess made the smaller group more interactive. All the men who attend are asked to put their phone on silent or turn them off, I put mine on vibrate.

Leaving the meeting I switched my phone back to normal sound for calls and notifications. Arriving at home and after having a bowl of ice cream, I headed for the Ford’s ole bed. I always place the phone next to my bed, even though I almost never get calls from anyone I know. When I was about to lay the phone down, I noticed it said I had a voice mail. I clicked on the voice mail and a message popped up, something about settings and not connected.

I then tried to call the house phone and got the same message. I used the house phone and got a busy signal, you know “buzz, buzz, buzz, buzz”, I had not heard a busy signal in years. I did restart the phone but no difference.

I decided to forget the phone and go to bed, I thought, “I can call the provider tomorrow and get it working again”.  

This morning, after my morning coffee and the so-called morning news, I picked up the ole cell phone and clicked on the voice mail, it worked. My sister had tried to call and left a voice mail while I was at the bible study meeting. I don’t know if it had something to do with shutting the sound off or not, it works now.

I guess that is it for now, we hope you have a productive and safe day.

Rain is increasing!

Senior person who might be back on schedule today, Don the Ford 

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: