Translate

Monday, February 13, 2023

February 13, 2023

            Well, the Soup Bowl is over now, the red team won, maybe they will talk about something else on the TV. I get tired of almost any subject when it is repeated too often. The balloon event was interesting for a while, but they keep showing the same video of the shooting down of the balloon. Why haven’t they talked about the UFO they shot down over the ice?

            Topic change: I washed the dog yesterday, and I did say “I” washed the dog. Normally my favorite wife and I together wash the pot hound, but yesterday I took the task on myself, because only one dog and one person can fit in our shower at a time. I got in the shower and got the water at a warm temp and then we coaxed the Tres in the shower. Now Tres likes showers when we are outside, but he doesn’t like them in the house. I will say, he looks a lot better, his hair is all clean and shiny, and he now smells better too.

            Speaking of dogs, as I was in the Ford’s ole office yesterday I saw a truck going down the street and a dog running alongside it. This event got my detention so I ventured outside and watched. The truck had a driver and a passenger, the driver would stop and call the dog and the dog would run away. When the truck started driving the dog would come to the truck and run alongside it. The driver stopped multiple times and the dog would run away. The truck came back up the street, and the dog was alongside the truck. The driver said, “I guess she will follow us home”, and he drove off slowly with the dog following.

            Adjust the topic: I had proceeded out into the back yard with the Tres after his wash job, and I proceeded to review the berry vines and pickup sticks. I did not find too many sticks and as I reviewed the ditch behind the fence, I noticed that the bread that I had tossed out was all gone. I assume the birds eat this ole bread but I guess even a possum might also have a slice or two. Anyway, as I was almost finished looking the back 40 over, and I was going to the trash container with the sticks, I found a dead rat in the back yard, photo to follow.


            I had picked the rat up from the ground and placed it on the top of the trash container with a couple sticks, so that is why he /she is not laying on the grass. Now I wonder if Tres had killed it, and if not, why was it laying there. It wasn’t ripped open as if anything had chewed on it, and the ants had not found it, so it had not been there too long. Before you ask, no I did not pick it up with my hands.

            Different note: after the removal of the dead body from the back 40, Tres and I decided to get a cup of coffee and sit outside. Yesterday was warm enough that I did not need a jacket. A little later my spouse had returned from the store and she sat with me for a while. I decided that I had not read the Bible yet, so I ventured back into the house, but I did not stay in the house. I took the Bible in hand and went to the front porch where I enjoyed both the nice weather and the reading.

Swap subjects: it seems as if all the bird houses are being occupied at this time. I don’t even know how many bird houses there are, I think there are at least 11, and I have thought of creating others, but that would require me to actually work. Wait a minute I just thought of two more, so I know there are at least 13 houses.

Well, I guess I should stop for now, it is time to feed the dog, we hope your day is enlightened and satisfying. Please stay safe!

Homeless birds.

Senior retired person and feeder of the dog, Don the Ford 

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: