Translate

Wednesday, February 1, 2023

February 1, 2023

            Well, we are now into February and the weather is still very cold and icy. Schools are closed again today, and they are telling people to stay at home and don’t get out and drive unless you just have to. Tres and I went out to see if there had been a newspaper delivered, and there was not. I checked the walkway from the porch, and it was, “as slick as snot”! Just in case that one person did not understand that comment, the walkway had ice on it.

            I have not checked the driveway but on the monitors, it appears to be covered with ice. If the drive is covered in ice, I could not safely get to the truck, even if it was an emergency.

We have left the heat lamps on in the green house for the last two days, and they will stay on until the temps get back up above freezing.

No one has asked if the $7.00 solar rope lite is working, but I know that one person wants to know, the rope light is not working, it required sunlight and we have not had any. Also, you have not asked if the new rain gage is ok. To be honest I don’t know, as I cannot see it without walking on the ice-covered driveway.

I went out to the Ford’s ole Chevy yesterday afternoon and started it, the drive was not covered in ice yesterday afternoon. I let it run for more than 10 minutes and the ice was still on the windshield. Heck, the entire truck is covered with a coating of ice that appears to be close to ½ inch thick.

Things are really bad when the grocery store don’t open until 9:00am, and that is when the big grocery store opens.

They had predicted the possibility of some snow yesterday, if we got any I did not see it.

I am now getting as tired of hearing about the bad weather, as I am tired of hearing about the political matters. The darn so-called news can’t find anything that I would want to hear.

The Ford’s ole office was constructed by the Don many years ago. When it was constructed, it was my radio room. I did install a window air conditioner in the wall but there is no heat in this room. In weather like this I usually have a small portable heater to help warm the room, but I have loaned that out so no heater. I do have another method to get some heat into the room and that is a fan. Now I set the fan to blow into the laundry room where there is a heat vent. The fan is on the floor, so it blows the cool air along the floor into the laundry room and that allows warmer air that is up high to come back into the Ford’s ole office. I also dress for the cold, and I have a photo to follow.


            Yep, I have a cap and scarf on.

That’s it for now, stay safe, stay warm, stay home!

Bad Weather wow!

Senior retired person who hopes for some better weather, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: