Translate

Wednesday, February 8, 2023

February 8, 2023

            Wednesday is here again, and here we are together again. I went out this morning to check the new rain gage and it had 1.5 inches of rain in it. That is a nice rain and I think the drought is over, at least here at the Ford homestead. I have a photo of one of the security monitors showing water standing in the back 40.


        
The water, at least most of it, is still standing in the back 40, the ground is taking it’s time absorbing it. They are telling us we will get more rain today, maybe the lakes will begin to get water back in them. It is also not supposed to get above 50 today, cold wet weather.

   Topic change: I being an ole person have a tendency to forget things. I don’t usually forget where my keys are, I always put them in the same place. I have another rule and that is, “to always put the tool back where it came from as soon as you complete the project”. There are two reasons for that rule, it will be there next time you need it, and you keep the area neat and orderly.

Now my reason for this comment on forgetting things, I had forgotten something else, and I thought, “my memory is gone”. I have two monitors here in the office, we will call them monitor one and two. On one I usually have the security cameras, that allows me to sit inside the house and see all that is going on outside the house. On two I usually have the TV. The other day when I was watching the three stooges, I had decided to change monitor one to the TV, and two to the cameras.

I reached for the cable box control which controls monitor two and I could not find the button to push on the control to make the change. I then looked at the control for monitor one, and the button was not there either. I know there is an input button, and I could not find it on either of the controls.

Time passed and I was an unhappy camper. I decided to lite the candle that I keep in the office area, this candle helps change the aroma that is produced by an ole person and a smelly dog, the lighter is kept out of site. When I reached for the lighter, I found another TV control, and immediately I saw the input button. I had not forgot how to change the TVs; I had forgot that there was a third control. Maybe I need to leave it out where I can see it.

Well, I just looked at the monitor and the prognosticators are correct, it is raining.

Topic swap: no, I did not watch the state of the union address last night. I can get all the info from the so-called news today. Depending on whether you want positive comments or negative comments, you can get either just change the channels.

What is my big plan for the day? Go and get some shirts from the cleaners, and since the cleaners are close to the star coffee place, I might stop there for a cup. No one has asked so I will be happy to enlighten you, I get a small coffee with cream. I do not buy fancy drinks or buy their food, unless the grandkids are with me, just a small coffee with cream. Their coffee is kind of strong, so I have the cream in the coffee to bring it down to a senior person’s taster.

I might consider starting on my taxes today, maybe.   

I guess that is all for today, we hope you have a good day and please stay safe!

Income tax, should it be out going tax?

Senior person who hopes he can afford a cup of homemade coffee, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: